ironic

does anyone else find it ironic that in order to solve the problem of having firms that are “too big to fail”, the fix has been consolidation? obviously thats not the only problem (leverage, lack of transparency in structured products). anyhow… i still think its ironic

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does anyone else find it ironic that in order to > solve the problem of having firms that are “too > big to fail”, the fix has been consolidation? > obviously thats not the only problem (leverage, > lack of transparency in structured products). > anyhow… i still think its ironic it is one solution. hoo up ibs with commercials, who have the “safety” of deposits.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/17/henry-paulsons-frankenstein/ "In the meantime, I fear that we are creating Frankenstein. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are deliberately being grown over the next year and a half to accommodate the housing crisis. Meanwhile, the semi-strong banks are eating the weak financial institutions, creating more too-big-to-fail institutions. "