Is 4 months enough to study for Level 1

Hi Guys, I am planning to write the Level 1 exam on June 2008. I will begin studying on Feb.1st. Do you think 4 months would be enough to achieve good results ? considering that I am an Accountant, and have good Accounting background, and I can put as many as 30 HR.s of study per week. Thanks !

i dont see why not… but why feb 1? why not start now?

Let’s see 18 weeks * 30 hrs/wk = 540 hrs…

I will start on Feb because I have to finish some course before Feb.1 Someone told me that the 6 books of the CFAI contain approx. 3000 pages. I just wonder how can a person study all this material befor one exam, and how many hours would it take to read/review and practice on problems solutions.

Do you think 540 HR.s are sufficient ?

30 hours per week consistently for 18 weeks? that is going to burn your internal organs and eventually kill you!

ACCA or ACA qualified accountants I know have found L1 relatively easy. FSA is the toughest area on LI IMO, and these accountants found if quite basic compared with their final admittance exam for their respective accounting bodies. Don’t know anything about CPA though if that’s what you’ve done already (doesn’t seem to be as common in Europe). You have loads of time.

>Posted by: Bob777 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] >Date: January 8, 2008 10:51PM >Do you think 540 HR.s are sufficient ? Bob, Not to sound too brash but you should really try and read the CFAI website. It states that 250 hours of preparation should be sufficient. Depending on how knowledgeable you are with this stuff, you will require more/less time. Obviously 540 is enough. Goodluck.

You should be fine with 4 months. As others said, try not to burn out too early. 20hrs a week seems more acceptable - 320hrs total, still more than recommended, and you already have an advantage in one of the toughest areas. Of course you know better what you can handle. Good luck!

dec2007 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You should be fine with 4 months. As others said, > try not to burn out too early. 20hrs a week seems > more acceptable - 320hrs total, still more than > recommended, and you already have an advantage in > one of the toughest areas. Of course you know > better what you can handle. > > Good luck! if 20hrs a week, where do u get 320hrs total?

thanks for all replies

drinks2much Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dec2007 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You should be fine with 4 months. As others > said, > > try not to burn out too early. 20hrs a week > seems > > more acceptable - 320hrs total, still more than > > recommended, and you already have an advantage > in > > one of the toughest areas. Of course you know > > better what you can handle. > > > > Good luck! > > if 20hrs a week, where do u get 320hrs total? 20 hours a week * 4 weeks in a month * 4 months = 320 hours

52 weeks / 12 mths = 4.33 a month :slight_smile: