Is 7 months enough for level 1?

If I start studying now for June 2011, will I be all right?

Yes…more than enough time if you are of avg. intelligence. Less if you are already familiar with the material (i.e. BS in Finance)

There are obviously a lot of personal variables, but 7 months should be more than enough time, maybe even too much time. Be careful you don’t burn out.

If you cant get it done in 7 months I wouldnt do it.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you cant get it done in 7 months I wouldnt do > it. Good point. If 7 months isn’t enough for L1, forget about 2 and 3.

That is an enormous amount of time for Level 1. You could start in late January and, with focus, do just fine.

start in jan have ALL the reading and 2000 q-bank q’s done by May 1 use all of may to do EOC’s that are in MC format and Q-Bank exams. - L3 candidate

Thanks for the help, all. I was a business major (economics) in college, so I’ll probably be familiar with the material, just didn’t know too much about level 1 and how to game plan.

no project management for you…YOUR FIRED!!!

marsilni Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for the help, all. I was a business major > (economics) in college, so I’ll probably be > familiar with the material, just didn’t know too > much about level 1 and how to game plan. Ok then you have a solid background to start with. Just stick to a study plan and you’ll be fine. Visit the LI forums for more info on study plans, etc.

just 7 months doesn’t say anything. it’s all about study habits and how much can you absorb

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no project management for you…YOUR FIRED!!! So aggravating! How did my boss get to this level with such poor grammar skills.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no project management for you…YOUR FIRED!!! no grammar for you…YOU’RE FIRED!!! I’m guessing there is no writing section on these exams.

marsilni Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAcountry Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > no project management for you…YOUR FIRED!!! > > no grammar for you…YOU’RE FIRED!!! > > I’m guessing there is no writing section on these > exams. damn…caught me

in my opinion, as long as you have 2 hrs per day for about 4 months and of course lots of practise questions in the last one mth, shldn’t be a problem.

More than enough. My personal rec is to save 5-6 weeks solely for taking tests. Doing questions and learning from mistakes, especially for L1 where time isn’t on your side, was imperative for me back when I took it.

marsilni Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I start studying now for June 2011, will I be > all right? yo yo yo, 7 months shawty you in trouble

7 months is about twice what you need for level 1. Also, this should be in the level 1 forum.

I studied 7 months for L1 (started in May, did it in Dec). It is enough time (got over 70% in every section and honestly found the exam easy). I studied 9 months for L3 (found the exam very challenging, but still passed).

monger187 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 7 months is about twice what you need for level 1. > Also, this should be in the level 1 forum. Would you ask someone how hard Wharton is, if they’ve never been there? Why would he be posting this in the Level 1 forum?