Is asset management transition to PE common?

It seems that a common route for PE is to do investment banking first. I was just wondering how common (or difficult) would it be to transition from asset management to private equity? Thanks!

Not common…there’s not a lot of overlap in technical skills (e.g. modeling) and as a public investor, you’re not concerned with building LBO/M&A models or takeout implications (unless you’re doing merger arb) On another note, are you just going to keep asking questions here, or are you ever going to comment on other people’s threads (i.e. not just your own)? Most people on this forum tend to engage in the exchange of ideas, but I couldn’t help but notice a proliferation of questions from your end with very little contribution to other people’s threads.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not common…there’s not a lot of overlap in > technical skills (e.g. modeling) and as a public > investor, you’re not concerned with building > LBO/M&A models or takeout implications (unless > you’re doing merger arb) > > On another note, are you just going to keep asking > questions here, or are you ever going to comment > on other people’s threads (i.e. not just your > own)? Most people on this forum tend to engage in > the exchange of ideas, but I couldn’t help but > notice a proliferation of questions from your end > with very little contribution to other people’s > threads I would like to contribute but my knowledge and experience is limited, so, according to you I should just shut up?

^ Not really. Not every thread here is about technical knowledge. Sometime it’s just about nuppal bangin some chick in the shower or something like that

You could also comment on CFA vs MBA…

i make comments, but i do not think my comments have had any technical revelance ever… i could leave today, and AF would be a better place. But than I would have nothing to do at work…

Storko, I think your advice on the Nuppal thread about leaving blood and urine outside of the girl’s apartment was invaluable…

that means alot kevin… that means alot.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i make comments, but i do not think my comments > have had any technical revelance ever… > i could leave today, and AF would be a better > place. But than I would have nothing to do at > work… Let’s not forget the triforce post. That was pure gold.

Chad, ban Redox. The guy just blatanly abuses of our good faith and willingness to help each other in our beloved AF community. Geeeez.

Lion King - there are plenty of ways to contribute on the forum, all I’m saying is that I’m sure everyone has enough perspectives from whatever background they’re from to bring something interesting to the table if they wanted to (other than their own threads). In some way, *all* our experiences are limited, thus our capacity to contribute is only limited by our own will or desire to contribute.