is beard okay?

I havent shaved in a week and I think I like my new look - kinda in between Clooney and a Pitt. My Govt Issued ID has no beard. Is it ok to go in exam with a beard?

f yeah, guess what i am doing.

but what if they say they dont recognize you?

violation

funny, i shaved what i had going today. i kinda looked like that crazy guy from Iran…at least the beard part.

actuary alfred, ASA here. and you? these exams are easier than SOA exams, no?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuary alfred, ASA here. and you? > > these exams are easier than SOA exams, no? how hard are SOA exams? I am thinking on doing them in my spair time :slight_smile:

Maybe I can wear a burqa. I’m above the weight listed on my drivers license. I hope they don’t have a scale to check. Seriously though, remember to bring a cardigan sweater. Those places can be over air-conditioned, even if it’s 90 degrees (35 C) outside, as is projected for New York on Saturday.

hahahaha. you want honesty? one soa exam - all three levels. at least when i took them in early 2000s.

It’s a violation of Section IV© Duty to Public Aesthetics. It’s not likely that you look anything Clooney or Pitt, but it is more reasonable to assume you are closer to Andy Rooney with the skin of a catcher’s mitt. Beards also appear under Reasonable Basis. It’s very rare that anyone has a reasonable basis to posses a beard. Certainly our Muslim friends do and also people in Alaska as well as women in side shows, but that’s really it. You would only be privately censured for these violations. You may appeal the censure with the review board. They will ask you to come and present your beard in person and they will make a decision as to whether the beard reflects credit on you.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hahahaha. > > you want honesty? > > one soa exam - all three levels. at least when i > took them in early 2000s. my friend said they are ok, not too hard, and given my math background will probably be easier then CFA

I’m superstitious. I don’t shave the week of the exam.

me too. i just figured not changing my underwear would be enough.

that’s a classic schoolgirl mistake, boston

what, not shaving?

Forget the beard. I’m working on the 'stache, handlebar style. I’m gonna show up in my sleeveless '85 Def Leppard World Tour t-shirt, blow the test out of the water, then speed away in my Camaro while gently stroking my new furry friend.

Depends…are you a woman?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuary alfred, ASA here. and you? > > these exams are easier than SOA exams, no? didn’t try the FETE, will do it in the comming FALL

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuary alfred, ASA here. and you? > forgot to say I’m also ASA …