is it a good idea to add your current boss to linkedin?

what do you guys think? thx.

ha! my boss sent me the invite. i accepted.

but to answer your questions, no. expecially if at some stage you will add’ career opportunities’ to your contact prefernces.

I didn’t add any of my colleagues to LinkedIn, but some of them found me so I accepted their invitation

thx guys. thats what i was thinking too, but then dont you want to have good recommendations on linkedin from colleagues?

I found my boss on linked in. He had career opportunities as one of his listings likewise.

I don’t really care about the recommendations…I’ve never really used LinkedIn for anything other than a more toned-down facebook. Whenever I’ve looked for a new job, I’ve just relied on headhunters and my friends.

LinkedIn: Yes Facebook: No

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LinkedIn: Yes > Facebook: No

Myspace: Depending on the nature of “relationship”

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LinkedIn: Yes > Facebook: No + 100000

And then there’s daj224 who would link in Carmine the Janitor if he had a linkedin page. Where did he go by the way??

A good boss will understand your always willing to explore career ops. I wouldn’t want unambitous career lazy people working under me… “Most of these Harvard MBA typesdon’t add up to dogshit. You need guys that are poor,smart and hungry. And no feelings. You win a few, you lose a few,but you keep on fighting. And if you need a friend, get a dog.It’s trench warfare out there, pal.”

“I didn’t want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: “Either you’re slingin’ crack-rock, or you’ve got a wicked jump-shot.” Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There’s no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee’s, honor’s in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stock broker.”

NICE!!!