Is it appropriate to ask for compensation at unpaid internship?

Yeah if you are working that much, I think the company is taking you for a ride. gamblingeconomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Parikh, An internship in the US is mostly > unpaid > > unless otherwise specified. Do not ask for any > > compensation because that would make you look > > greedy for money and they may not hire your > full > > time after graduation. Good luck. > > > Greedy to ask for money for an 80 hour a week job? > For an MBA student? Sounds to me like the > company is taking advantage.

gamblingeconomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Greedy to ask for money for an 80 hour a week job? > For an MBA student? Sounds to me like the > company is taking advantage. What if anything was discussed about the exit opportunities of this internship?

> Greedy to ask for money for an 80 hour a week job? > For an MBA student? Sounds to me like the > company is taking advantage. Probably yes. I am still doing it, because I think I can market myself after 6 months of intern experience. If I pass CFA level 2 this year, then it might help me to get an entry level analyst position in a boutique investment bank through Robert half or Glocap or any other executive recruiters…

parikhvh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Robert half or Glocap or any other executive > recruiters… No comment.

gamblingeconomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Greedy to ask for money for an 80 hour a week job? > For an MBA student? Sounds to me like the > company is taking advantage. I don;t see how the company is taking advantage unless they were dishonest with the candidate. It was an arms-length transaction with a intellingent, mature individual who can theoretically decide what’s in his own best interests. As noted before, the “payments” is increased visibility and increased likelihood of getting a competitive IB job. He can ask for compensation for an internship which he agreed to take on an unpaid basis (hey, you can ask for anything), but that WILL make him look like a schmo.