Is it late to start??

I have already completed derivatives,alternative investments, 3/4th of fixed income and half of equity. I am working on a full time basis with a busy schedule. Assuming that i am going to take a one month full break. Is it possible to finish on time with full time study?? Can any one suggest me how to schedule the time on each subject???

or is it too late to start?? i hope there is still a chance to pass.

if you can put in 300 hours for Level 1 in is very unlikely you wont pass, in a matter of fact if you fails with 300 hours maybe this thing is not for you cause you gona suffer in your career is guess… i put in 465 hours, but then again i finished each session of the exam in half the time, and i still had enough time to review several time and go get water like 10 times… i way over did it, my score might be the record, so with 300 hours you will be fine…

gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you can put in 300 hours for Level 1 in is very > unlikely you wont pass, in a matter of fact if you > fails with 300 hours maybe this thing is not for > you cause you gona suffer in your career is > guess… > > i put in 465 hours, but then again i finished each > session of the exam in half the time, and i still > had enough time to review several time and go get > water like 10 times… > > i way over did it, my score might be the record, > so with 300 hours you will be fine… I’m surprised you scored so well with such poor command of English.

manchester88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have already completed derivatives,alternative > investments, 3/4th of fixed income and half of > equity. I am working on a full time basis with a > busy schedule. Assuming that i am going to take a > one month full break. Is it possible to finish on > time with full time study?? Can any one suggest me > how to schedule the time on each subject??? These are the kinds of questions specific to each individual and can’t be answered here - how well do you know the material (simple question). And what is the alternative, discontinue studying? All you can do is give it your best shot.

literally laughed out loud on that one spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gulfcfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > if you can put in 300 hours for Level 1 in is > very > > unlikely you wont pass, in a matter of fact if > you > > fails with 300 hours maybe this thing is not > for > > you cause you gona suffer in your career is > > guess… > > > > i put in 465 hours, but then again i finished > each > > session of the exam in half the time, and i > still > > had enough time to review several time and go > get > > water like 10 times… > > > > i way over did it, my score might be the > record, > > so with 300 hours you will be fine… > > > I’m surprised you scored so well with such poor > command of English.

let’s not make fun of people whose second language is english

oh well i speak 3 langs, @spreads must be a monolingal american or french who thinks the entire world should perfect his lang

thanks for all ur suggestions… Its just that i have got a full time job and really finding it difficult to put in the time and effort. As a result i have decided to take a one month break,so that i can focus on the exam on a full time basis. I have submitted my leave application . If someone can help on me how to plan my studies in these 30 days,it would be highly appreciated. I know it depends on person to person. I am an above average person. Your suggestions are welcome and would be of great help.

also my answer to spreads is that, I have a good understanding of the material.

everyone here is working on a full time basis. stop crying. and leaving your job for an exam is the wrong decision.

manchester88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks for all ur suggestions… Its just that i > have got a full time job and really finding it > difficult to put in the time and effort. As a > result i have decided to take a one month break,so > that i can focus on the exam on a full time basis. > I have submitted my leave application . If someone > can help on me how to plan my studies in these 30 > days,it would be highly appreciated. I know it > depends on person to person. I am an above average > person. Your suggestions are welcome and would be > of great help. I like your “above average” person idea. Maybe you are, maybe you just think so, but confidence is an asset for this exam. When I was taking Level I I did not have an account on AnalystForum, Chad took forever to activate my account. I did not talk to a single person who took the exam before, in person or online. So what I am trying to get to is: you really don’t need our advice. Each of the people have done something and it worked for them. The fact that what I did worked does not meen it is the best method. Many methods will work, some more efficient than others… Having said that, I will go ahead and share what I did, simply to give you an idea of what someone out there did. By no means it is the standard, and you can pass by doing something totaly different. ---------------------------------------------- -I read CFAI books a couple of times, then I tried to do a mock. I scored around 60. The time I wasted on CFAI had a very low marginal utility. I would read and enjoy the stuff, but nothing sticks. -So I spent sometime on Schweser and quickly got my scores up to 80-85 on mocks -Did some Qbank here and there, did not take notes…

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gulfcfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > if you can put in 300 hours for Level 1 in is > very > > unlikely you wont pass, in a matter of fact if > you > > fails with 300 hours maybe this thing is not > for > > you cause you gona suffer in your career is > > guess… > > > > i put in 465 hours, but then again i finished > each > > session of the exam in half the time, and i > still > > had enough time to review several time and go > get > > water like 10 times… > > > > i way over did it, my score might be the > record, > > so with 300 hours you will be fine… > > > I’m surprised you scored so well with such poor > command of English. Oh! I didn’t know they test your ‘English language’ skills as well… neither did I know that you cannot be a great Analyst without a very strong command of English!!! I think I should give up right now since I didn’t score a 51 in my GMAT Verbal section.

anish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spreads Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > gulfcfa Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > if you can put in 300 hours for Level 1 in is > > very > > > unlikely you wont pass, in a matter of fact > if > > you > > > fails with 300 hours maybe this thing is not > > for > > > you cause you gona suffer in your career is > > > guess… > > > > > > i put in 465 hours, but then again i finished > > each > > > session of the exam in half the time, and i > > still > > > had enough time to review several time and go > > get > > > water like 10 times… > > > > > > i way over did it, my score might be the > > record, > > > so with 300 hours you will be fine… > > > > > > I’m surprised you scored so well with such poor > > command of English. > > Oh! I didn’t know they test your ‘English > language’ skills as well… neither did I know that > you cannot be a great Analyst without a very > strong command of English!!! I think I should give > up right now since I didn’t score a 51 in my GMAT > Verbal section. Relax princess. The guy makes douchebag comments like bragging about finishing the exam better than anyone, “I set the record!” - he opens himself up for criticism.

gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh well i speak 3 langs, @spreads must be a > monolingal american or french who thinks the > entire world should perfect his lang Well you must just be master of the universe; speak 3 languages and setting the record for CFA exam! I’m surprised the CFAI hasn’t solicited you to write the curriculum for levels 1, 2 and 3 next year.

“Relax princess. The guy makes douchebag comments like bragging about finishing the exam better than anyone, “I set the record!” - he opens himself up for criticism” I really dont see the bragging part. When a guy told you he over-prepared for the exam and studied 465 hours for it… And he is advising you not to be an ediot and over prepare… Bragging would be, I studied 100 hours for the exam and I aced it…

and yeh, idiot is spelled with a “i”, before @spreads takes corrects me so that he would feeel smart

@all I have a lot of respect for all of you here… But, please don’t demean others. I guess we should all have a high regard for those who have cracked the level 1 (looking at the mammoth collection of formulas, i do!)… And gulfcfa has been a great guide to a lot of people who have been clueless, confused or tensed preparing for the exam. So, lets end the fight.

^wise man

" (looking at the mammoth collection of formulas, i do!)… " Also, while 90% of the formulas should naturally become engraved in your brain from practice. I would not worry about it that much. I think I used the calculator 10 times out of the 240 questions !!! Most people go thinking its a number crunshing exam (i did)… Any guy who finished high school can memorize a formula and punsh in numbers. That is NOT what they are looking for. Most the questions are subjective so focus on that… For example you are 100 times more likely to be asked, which results in a higher CFO in the first year, capital or operating lease than being asking what is the capital lease expense… and notice many of the crazy formulas you are not even asked to know them (mostly in statisticS)