Is it less painful the second time?

Quick question for Level 3 candidates who took Level 2 twice (or more): I worked my ass off for Level 2 for June 2009 and Failed Band 10. My plan is to start again on Dec 1 for June 2010. My question is, is it less painful/easier the second time around? I am not asking for specific strategies or whatnot (though would appreciate that), but am simply asking if the second time around was less of a burden for you? (i.e. were you able to recall a lot of detail, did it sink in better, was it a quicker read and a more pleasant review process…or was it frustrating and nerveracking especially because you knew that you just had to pass this time around). thanks all.

I failed level 3 band 9 in 2008, and just passed and was awarded my charter this summer. To answer your question, YES, it is easier the second time around. There were entire topics that I thought I had understood the first time around and on second look, wasn’t even close the first time. Just stick with it, start completely over, and hammer it out!

thanks for your input, good luck

I failed with a band 10 on L2 the first go around. Second time is definitely less painful. You’ll be surprised how much you still remember. You’ll fly through FSA and Equity vs. the first go around, and you’ll know better what to expect on exam day. I paid way more attention to the smaller areas and it paid off.

I would guess that the second time is easier, since you will retain much of the material. Third time onwards are probably progressively more demoralizing.

the show NY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Quick question for Level 3 candidates who took > Level 2 twice (or more): > > I worked my ass off for Level 2 for June 2009 and > Failed Band 10. My plan is to start again on Dec > 1 for June 2010. My question is, is it less > painful/easier the second time around? I am not > asking for specific strategies or whatnot (though > would appreciate that), but am simply asking if > the second time around was less of a burden for > you? (i.e. were you able to recall a lot of > detail, did it sink in better, was it a quicker > read and a more pleasant review process…or was > it frustrating and nerveracking especially because > you knew that you just had to pass this time > around). > > thanks all. bro, L2 is just memorizing a bunch of information and being able to regurgitate it on test day, it should definitely be easier and you dont need 6 months to do it all over again if you were band 10

yea youre prob right but i started on jan 1 last time and felt very pressed on time, and i am more busy at work these days. my biggest fear is complacency. worked very hard last time around so didnt want to feel too much llike it would be a breeze the second time around.

After taking L2 several times, I think the material sinks in better so you are much more comfortable with it, unfortunately, the exam itself is by no means any easier. In fact, I would coution you on becoming a bit complacent as you “feel” much more confortable with the material. The key in my opinion is practice, which given your ability to get through the actual material faster, should enable you to spend more time on that. The rules of the game don’t change, start studying as soon as you can, get comfort with the material, and practice as many tests/questions as you can get your hands on. Hope that helps, and good luck!

agree with ylager…took me to my 3rd attempt to pass that s.o.b. since you got to band 10, you obviously can and will get it done this time around. take your own advice: complacency is your enemy. by my last attempt, I decided to start from square one and cover the material almost as if I had never looked at it before. I anticipated that the best laid study plans often get thrown into disarray…work, life, etc. good luck!! for whatever it’s worth, when I got that good news at L2 I was beyond ecstatic. full disclosure…failed L3 this year, first attempt, band 9. already started reading (lightly, that is) the CFAI books.

“Is it less painful the second time?” Yeah, I had a couple of unsolicited “encounters” with a muscular man named Gustav. I tried to wrestle him away, but there’s not much you can do against 300 pounds of Swedish muscle. The second time was less painful, however.

the show NY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yea youre prob right but i started on jan 1 last > time and felt very pressed on time, and i am more > busy at work these days. my biggest fear is > complacency. worked very hard last time around so > didnt want to feel too much llike it would be a > breeze the second time around. I guarantee you will pass it this time if you just put in 3 good months of quality studying