Is it possible that the passing rate will be 30%

normally it’s around 39%-40%, but because the afternoon session is so difficult, maybe many many people won’t make 70%, as a result, the passing rate might be lower than normal, but how low could it be? Just make a reasonable estimation, then I’ll find out the mean.

no lower than 40%

Why not pass those who manage to stay and completed the AM paper?

Last December the passing rate is 39%, which is lower than 40%, I think the 40% is not a pre-set passing rate, but rather, you have to get about 70% of the 240 problems correct, that’s the pre-set passing criteria. Is that the case?

I think its a moderated paper, but generally 40% pass, and so pass mark is 70% or somewhere lessif required to top people in to it however you do need to get over 70 in ethics i understand

not so for ethics… 50+ is fine

They can make the pass rate whatever they want. I assume that they will pass the top 40% to keep the rate steady.

some people have passed with less than 50% in ethics

I think these kind of threads won’t get us anywhere. It is pure speculation, but i understand we need this to make the time to results go bye. so i’ll play along… Taking into account the fact that we do not know how they set their pass or fail grade, or if they pass the 40% best and fail the others… The best we can assume i believe is that the level of the test is set so that on average 40% will pass. assuming the 40% passing rate is the constant, would mean that it is possible for people with score as low as 50% can pass (let’s say if we all fail the exam). That is highly doubtful On the other side, if they fix the passing grade to 70%, it would somehow by odd that the passing rake kept steady around 40% all these years, if we consider the increase in the number of candidates. anyhow, feel free to critic my arguments… i am curious to hear your views on this. cheers.

I reckon it should be atleast near 40% or more. I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to find the appropriate threshold pass % so as to achieve the following twin objectives 1) Not dilute the worth of CFA charterholder 2) Not discourage candidates from pursuing it Well my gut feeling is that it should be around 42-44%.

passing rate is 39% for December 2007 dashingdude Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I reckon it should be atleast near 40% or more. I > remember reading somewhere that they are trying to > find the appropriate threshold pass % so as to > achieve the following twin objectives > > 1) Not dilute the worth of CFA charterholder > 2) Not discourage candidates from pursuing it > > Well my gut feeling is that it should be around > 42-44%.