is it possible to use schweser L1 2007 notes for the june 08 exam?

curious if its ok to use the old schweser notes from Dec. 07 for the June 08 Level 1 exam? I realize they have changed the material slightly but by how much? only wondering to save some money, if not ill buy the new ones.

i just sold my december schweser materials to other people studying for june 08. i actually didn’t pass level 1 and will be using CFAI material this time around. i really don’t know why anyone wouldn’t use CFAI material considering it’s included now. if you do want to last session’s schweser stuff, you will be more than fine i would guess…the curriculum mainly changes to keep the money machine running…but it doesn’t change much.

well i hope so because i’m reusing my 2007 schweser notes for the june '08 exam.

JRONAS, i failed using CFA books. IMHO, I wouldnt use the curriculum as my primary source. in fact, i already bought 2007 schweser notes and will be using those for Jun 07.

^you mean june 08?

i went on ebay and they have 07 notes for like 50.00. will I be ok with doing this? im not trying to take the easy cheap road but if the information is pretty much the same i would rather spend less money.

from what others are saying, the 07 notes should be fine for the 08 exams. that’s what i’m doing. there are going to be a number of LOS’s that are being changed or reworded, and i’m sure there will be new readings. i believe someone posted that they’re mapping out all the new/updated LOS’s. i’m planning on re-reading the '07 notes and using the CFAI texts for the new stuff.

keep in mind that most people saying they would use 07 notes, are retakers (myself included). if i was a taking the first attempt, i would really think about using old material…

I’m using the dec 07 notes for Dec 08. I think they’ll be adequate given that I’ll use them in conjuction with the CFA stuff we now get on registration. I agree that they change them to keep the money coming in. Otherwise I dont think CFA program chjanges every half year every year

Hi there That is my first post but I’ve been around for a little while … You can find here a table with the changes CFAI made to the 2008 curriculum. The guy took both syllabi and made a table out of it. I suggest to look for yourself that he didn’t do any mistake (I didn’t find any but if you do please post for everyone to know) http://www.geocities.com/manavsachdeva/ Best of luck 19 weeks to go