Is it stupid to use the same notes/books?

I failed band 8 and I’m going to give it another go in June. I used Elan notes and found them to be good…I just didn’t put in as many hours as I wanted. This time around I’m going to use more CFA books on my weak areas and keep my strong ones sharp. Is it a really bad idea to stick with the old material. It won’t change that much will it? Thanks

the old matrial is full of bad karma…get new books

But seriously, if the only reason you failed, the same books may suffice. but if it is another reason, i would try something new.

Depends on how much the material is different. Email them and ask.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >I used Elan notes and found them to > be good…I just didn’t put in as many hours as I > wanted. You just answered your own question.

Yeah Country those books are going to reek of failure, but I deserve to have to read that shit again. Thanks for the responses. I might email the institute to see how much has changed, but I think I’m sticking with what I already have.

Taken from Google’s search result… http://www.finance-grid.com/wp-content/uploads/For-Blog-CFA-Level-1-LOS-Changes-between-2011-and-2010.pdf it seems the new curriculum is definitely different enough from the old ones…

passed - san francisco 300hrs or so, engineering background, only 5 sections >70% Phew! Hats off to those posting their failures - you never are the loser if you don’t give up…