Is it too late to start studying for the CAIA Level I March exam?

I have a CFA and now my boss is asking me to take this. I have no idea how difficult it is or what to expect. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I took Level I in September and it’s not very difficult; definitely doable if you start now.

If you already have a CFA this shouldn’t be hard at all. Just curious what kind of job do you have where your boss is asking for the CAIA. Pension Fund?

I work for an investment management company. Most of our strategies are long only equity, but we have recently expanded into long/short hedge fund, long extension, and emerging markets equity funds. I didn’t get an ultimatum, but it was clear that he wanted me to do it.

cfainnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I work for an investment management company. Most > of our strategies are long only equity, but we > have recently expanded into long/short hedge fund, > long extension, and emerging markets equity > funds. > > I didn’t get an ultimatum, but it was clear that > he wanted me to do it. Beta Grazer in Alpha Hunter’s clothing.