Is it worth doing CFA along with or after Indian CA??

[original post removed]

Hello! I’m studying Bachelor of Commerce as well as Indian CA. I want to pursue an international certification as well. So I was thinking of doing CFA… Will it be useful?? If not is there something else that I should consider?? All suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

If you are interested in traditional CA job( audit and taxation) then CA is more than enough,but if you want to switch to asset management and investment side then you can think about CFA.

Okay thanks!

Yeah I actually don’t want to just do audit or tax consultancy for the rest of my life. If I have something more on my resume and knowledge it will keep things interesting and I can explore my options more.

If you decide to go with audit, CFA might help to build up a larger picture and knowledge basis as well as FRM and other certificates. While, it’s not necessary for your current job, it won’t hurt. The another thing is wether you’re ready and motivated for such hard studying schedule.

Thank you so much for the advice! Yeah I really want to keep updating my knowledge with such courses.

And yes I am motivated to study hard for a few years and then get a good job. I don’t want to restrict myself to just one certificate. I know it will be tough but I am mentally prepared for it.

CA is like CPA or ACCA. Accounts.

CFA is finance. If you want to go far, you have every reason to get a CFA with a CA or CPA or ACCA.

It is hard to imagine a CEO who doesn’t understand finance but is great at accounts. On the other hand, you will find many CEOs that understand finance too well, and have someone to deal with accounts.

So good luck.