is l2 manageable with a job?

Hi all, Actually i have a couple of ques to ask and I still havent begun with the preparation and will be taking up a job soon: 1.Is the level 2 preparation possible with a job? 2.What does the weightage 5-15% mean? This is quite difficult to guess how many ques will be on each topic in the exam. 3.The schweser 2011 L2 videos are not available on torrent to download.Where can I download them from.

1. of course it’s manageable with a job…the CFA designation is designed for working professionals…not those unemployed. Dedication and sacrifice is a must though if you are working 50-60 hours a week… 2. weighting from 5-15% means the weighting varies between 5, and 15. Level 2 is different than 1 in this area because it’ true that you can’t simply know for sure how important a topic is… my suggestion is to work veryyy hard on Equity, FRA, Fixed Income and Ethics. These will be the majority of the exam for the most part… hope this helps

yes it is. CFA is actually most valuable after you got a good finance job

To the OP it’s well defined how many questions you will have on each topic, been the same since the test started. Apparently it’s illegal to post the weightings, but it’s not hard to figure out. Also I find that studying for L II with a job is a bit easier since you get to constantly reinforce what you are learning, assuming you are in the industry.

Yes, even if it is not doable, job is more important. Congrats though, what will you be doing?

Thanks everyone!

@Palantir-I’ll be taking up a job.

I started in a new role completely different area of finance from my previous position (was in that role for ~5 years) in a different city about 6 weeks before the exam. It was difficult getting used to the “new” job while still focusing on studying for L2. My boss was pretty cognizant of this which was nice. My work ramped up more after the exam. You just need to be sure to focus whenever you have time (after work, on the way to work, weekends, etc.) because time will be limited. Best of luck. m

1. Maybe this is a question for Level 3 candidates who took Level 2 while working. I completed level 1 while working and I hope I can do the same with Level 2. 2. 5 - 15% means there may be 1-3 item sets, since each item set is 5%.

Ramzes where are you getting your information?? I took level 2 this year and passed on my first attempt. Each item set is NOT 5%. Geetika: 5-15% means that out of the 120 questions combined from the morning and afternoon sessions, between 6 and 18 will be on that particular topic. (ie. 5%x120=6). Usually each case (item set) focuses on a particular topic (FRA, Corp Fi etc.) but some cases do pull questions from different topic areas.

cdn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ramzes where are you getting your information?? I > took level 2 this year and passed on my first > attempt. Each item set is NOT 5%. > > Geetika: 5-15% means that out of the 120 > questions combined from the morning and afternoon > sessions, between 6 and 18 will be on that > particular topic. (ie. 5%x120=6). Usually each > case (item set) focuses on a particular topic > (FRA, Corp Fi etc.) but some cases do pull > questions from different topic areas. where are you getting YOUR information from…each item set is 5%…like you said, each item set has 6 questions…6 out of 120 = 5 % roughly one item set for a topic that gets weights 5%…6 questions…

whoops, forgot there were six questions per case. sorry, my bad, it is 5% per item set!