Is Qbank really worth it?

Hi all, I was just wondering if it was still worth it to get qbank now, considering that according to my study plan I think I’ll be just in time to complete the schweser + EOC questions until the exam. I also have access to some additional questions given by my course provider but there are single questions, not vignette type as in the exam, and there are only about 30 to 50 questions by study session. Are Qbank questions vignettes or single questions? Is it to late to get it considering the time remaining until the exam? Thanks for your help.

I don’t like it much to be honest, and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I’ve reading through Schweser and taking a weekly class. In addition to the concept checkers, I am doing the CFAI EOC questions. I should finish going through all of this by mid-April, st which point I’ll do 7 practice exams and review the areas I didn’t nail. With all of this I don’t really see room for time spent on q-bank. The only possible use is to brush up on the older material you read when you first began studying. Instead of doing this, I think it’s better to just spend some time re-reading the texts themselves. Anyone disagree?

I like the QBank as I am all over the place with studying. Finished most of the readings and reviewing, but its nice to be faced with Qs to see if I can actually regurgitate the material and equations when asked. I am not a great memory learner and need to practice the material for it to sink in. Some of them are grouped qs and some are individual qs. Just scored 65% on FRA 120 qs so I am realizing the places I need to focus on memorizing.

In my mind, it can’t hurt to do tons of problems and Qbank allows you to do that. While most questions aren’t in the vignette format, it still helps. After reading a Study Session, I do mini quizzes on each reading. Then I do one big Study Session test. It really allows me to see what areas I need to focus on. If I score over 85% on a big Study Session test, I know I can move on to the next one.

I agree with BizBanker. I am not able to read something and immediately nail it. I learn best by doing questions and lots of them. It helps pound the concept home for me. If you learn best another way, then by all means don’t spend the money on Qbank, but I prefer to do thousands of questions as opposed to just rereading the material.

Doing as many questions (anywhere you can find them) never hurts. CFAI Sample questions & Mock, Schweser Book 6 & 7 questions, Schweser Online Mock, Qbank questions, EOC questions, posted questions on AF & other CFA-related forums…etc, do them all if you can.

depends on how you learn - i learn by drilling the info into my head - my Level 1 strategy was nothing but QBank and Sample Tests for the last month (only consulting back to the texts when I bombed an area). It worked wonders for me on L1, so i’m gonna try it for L2 and see what happens. And it does have a lot of the vignette type questions in there, which is good. Some CFAI texts dont have good enough EOC questions (economics, for example)

Most of the people I know who passed L2 say this: “Do tons of questions and know all the material.” I totally agree with Damil CFAI Sample questions & Mock, Schweser Book 6 & 7 questions, Schweser Online Mock, Qbank questions, EOC questions, posted questions on AF & other CFA-related forums…etc, do them all if you can. I remember one of the ethics questions last year on the exam was of impossible. It seems nobody got that question correct. The answer was the choice that nobody expected. One guy got it right. He said, calmly, “Yea, I remember seeing that question in the q-bank.” Q-bank helps. Q-bank doesn’t hurt.

Crystal ball says “Yes!!!” Crystal ball shows Qbank adds value during those lunch hours or for those critical days when you are too spent to crunch an EOC question or have no capacity to absorb new material.