Is schweser wrong on Held-to-maturity dividends?

Page 95 of Secret Sauce says: “Dividend and interest income, and realized gains and losses, are recognized in the income statement for all three classifications of securities.” This sounded wrong to me off the bat, since I recalled that dividend is recognized on I/S only on Trading and AFS. Sure enough, on the very next page is a chart that shows just this (dividends recognized on I/S for trading and AFS, but not on H2M). What gives?

as long as it says “realized”… , is recognized in I/S. Whats not shown in I/S is the unrealized gains(losses) or M2M which hit equity directly at trading. So is the case with A4Sales. Only traded are M’ed2M. 5% significant.

english?

Dividends are dividend income and ARE included in I/S. So are realized gains/losses regardless of classification.

Best nickname ever. Someone should have told me before I signed up

For sure, that name is mint!

CFA=NOLIFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dividends are dividend income and ARE included in > I/S. So are realized gains/losses regardless of > classification. Realized gains and losses are included for Trading, AFS, H2M. Dividend income are including for Tading, AFS, H2M, but NOT for H2M. correct?

Any realized should not escape income statement… period. Be it dividends on H2M. Only unrealized are at question here…

H2M can’t have dividend income, it’s for debt only, interest income from H2M would be in I/S tho