Is Stalla Self-study any good?

Are people getting all the materials on time now? Has anyone ever used the “academic support” - are they helpful/timely? Thanks

Here’s my take on their Academic Support: Overall, I think they’re really good. Response times are pretty good and the answers they provide are helpful, for the most part. I say that because some of the questions on the Passmaster are so esoteric that the answer explanations/academic support wouldn’t help. But that is only my opinion, so take that with a grain of salt.

I got my materials pretty quickly when I ordered last month. I haven’t used academic support, but the videos have been helpful so far (I’ve used them for quant, econ and FRA). I haven’t used the Schweser qbank for L2, but I liked the L1 qbank better than the L2 passmaster (seems like the questions were more challenging, had better explanations and there were more in general to practice on along with difficulty levels).

Thanks for the feedback.

I just ordered Stalla L2, as I used it for Level I and I would like to stick to the same system. I liked it alot. It was challenging, but I definitely felt prepared for the exam. I did get the Schweser Qbank, just for additional questions and practice. Also because I could do some questions online at work (since I had the passmaster at home, it’s not online). The videos provided guidance and when I felt lazy to read, it definitely helped to hear the material. Just my humble opinion.

I am an auditory learned first, and hearing the lectures really helps you tie together the endless pointless dribble you slave away reading in the text. Hearing about L2 stats then reading it, then doing the problems tied everything together handsomely for me.

I am an auditory learner first, and hearing the lectures really helps you tie together the endless pointless dribble you slave away reading in the text. Hearing about L2 stats then reading it, then doing the problems tied everything together handsomely for me.

I just want to add my opinion of this years Passmaster since I’ve been working on it for a few months. Simply put, it sucks. If you are using the Stalla guides exclusively, you will run across questions which are not covered in the text. It is a complete waste of time trying to work these questions since they were not covered in the first place. However, if you are using the CFAI guides there is some value to be extracted.

I really like the DVD lectures, I think they give a good high-level overview of the material before diving into the details in the guides. My process so far has been to do the lectures, read stalla guides then the passmaster questions. I did Qbank for L1 and find passmaster questions to be pretty bad compared to qbank. I’m leaving myself about 2 months for CFAI review during which time I’ll be doing CFAI EOC questions and reading that material as needed to fill in gaps in my knowledge. It seems that the Stalla is a great way to understand the material, but it won’t cover 100% of CFAI, so it’s good to supplement. I haven’t used any support functions. I ordered the system back in the fall and have been getting new materials on a regular basis. I have all the DVDs and guides by now. May be missing some questions books but not sure.