Is the CFA path the right choice for me?

Hi all, will try to keep it short and sweet:

Just graduated in 2019 from a Top 30 U.S. University (Majoring in the Humanities, non-finance) working in Honolulu at a large bank under the Wealth Advisory Division (Financial Advisory route) for about a year now. In the meantime I have passed my Series 7 (and other IA related series exams) on the first try. They are trying to push me to take the CFP next.

I’ve realized for a while now that I do not want to go down this path as it is very sales based and not something that I currently like or feel satisfied doing.

An analyst position seems to pique more of my interest and is something that I would like to try out. Is there a way to get an idea of how working as an analyst would be before I decide if I should make a switch in divisions?

Lastly, I was thinking of taking the CFA level 1 (Dec 2020) in order to get more of a feel of that field. Investments and financial instruments/market theory does interest me a lot. Coming as a non-finance major from university, I would also like get a very thorough and in depth education which I think the CFA program can provide.

Therefore, I would be using it as mainly a learning tool (equitable to an MBA) and also perhaps as a career tool to maybe demonstrate competence in the field if I passed lvl 1 in applying to some analyst positions as a non-finance major.

What do you think…worth it?