is the CFA useful for i-banking?

i’d rather be at work than watch the hills

LC is hot

hah slammin Peroni now?

now that daj has a job, he’s too good for natty

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > now that daj has a job, he’s too good for natty true, i do bottles now

It’s amazing - I mean the aplomb with which people answer the OP’s question without being in investment banking themselves. You’d rather get there first, and only afterwards give others recommendations regarding the usefullness of the charter in IB.

I am not sure if anyone in this post actually works in banking…but from the perspective of someone who has completed the first 2 levels and is on level 3 and works in banking; My take is this: In terms of whether CFA will help get you in - it will HELP get your foot in the door, 100% (given that everything else on your resume is good, and you are not using the CFA to make up for some huge blemishes early in life). What I mean, is if you went to a a good school, (not target -such as myself) and you are competing against ivy kids, if you did well in your classes and had somewhat good internships, the CFA will help you get noticed amongst the ivy kids. In terms of whether it helps when you are in - to tell the truth, CFA prepared me for the interview (well 1st 2 levels did) and helps in day to day tasks. The first 2 levels are very informative and insightful and will defintely be put to work when you transition to ibanking. Level 3 on the other hand DOES NOT DO ANYTHING. But if you passed 2, what’s one more to get your 20 foot plaque that can be used instead of the “fat head” on your wall.

Are there any jobs left in IB anymore?

I am bankin’

i-banking…what?