Is the first 100 pgs of L II Ethics repeat from LI?

Skimming through ethics which is the only thing i havent read yet (always save it for last), it looks as if the first 100 or so pages are stuff I remember reading in Lvl I, same topics, and some of the examples I even remember the same names… Is this L II ethics essentially half review of Lvl I and half new? Or am i missing something? I would prefer to just skip to the EoC Questions on the first half if it’s review, as I still remember all that ethics stuff decently from Level I…

It’s the same. Skip reading 2 if you dare. After reading 2, there are a few short readings of case studies, the prudent investor rule, and research objectivity standards.

Thx toph, ill just skim it lightly and do the EoC Q’s, can’t see how that would hurt presuming I do well.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thx toph, ill just skim it lightly and do the EoC > Q’s, can’t see how that would hurt presuming I do > well. i like your presumption…but remember it is 10-15%

repetition strengthens memory, I did very well in Ethics at L1, yet I am not taking chances, I am re-reading the Stuff. But I can understand your view if time is short for you.

well I would only move on if i am able to crush the EoC Q’s, otherwise id re-read in detail…

FSA+CorpFin+Equity=55% I’m going thru those 3 carefully , both CFAI eoc and Schweser Eoc

It wouldn’t hurt to skip the first portion now and concentrate on the newer info. I would, however, circle back to it at some point because its good to have the info fresh in your mind.

I scored >70 in Ethics for level I and <50 last year in level II. I would and am reviewing it again. You forget alot of the minutia that the CFAI like to test on.

Yah, but guys, I’m caveating this with the fact that I will only skip the READING if i do well on the QUESTIONS (which i will NOT skip), wouldn’t this be fine for the first portion in your opinions? I realize ethics is heavy weighting and do not take it lightly.

Anyone find Qbank helpful for the Ethics scenarios? I found that the Ethics reading being so qualitative that it doesnt sink in until I actually apply it to real world scenarios. I’m done with the Q bank Ethics Qs and scored about 80%.

Also keep in mind that, page for page, the ethics readings are by far the highest weighted on the test. It’s also easiest to get through, imo.

yea i heard that soft dollar standards and ROS are now incorporated into ethics section…so definately worth knowing for the test. It’s new material for LII so I’d know it. And yes, FSA+CorpFin+Equity=55% but there is no way you can count on getting 100% in those sections and then skimming by on the rest. my goal is to consistenly score 75% > on all mocks / stalla questions and i should be alright for the exam…IMO

janakisri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FSA+CorpFin+Equity=55% > > I’m going thru those 3 carefully , both CFAI eoc > and Schweser Eoc I scored >70% in all of the above and failed band 10. Come to think of it I also got >70% in ethics…

Bob, you scored 70+ in all sections and failed? Does anyone have an idea of what a passing score looks like? In level 1 it seemed like 70% was the big hurdle for everyone, anything similar for L2?

I scored >70 in FRA and Equity and failed Band 10. Getting <25 in Ethics probably had a large role in my overall score.

Rearden72 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bob, you scored 70+ in all sections and failed? > Does anyone have an idea of what a passing score > looks like? In level 1 it seemed like 70% was the > big hurdle for everyone, anything similar for L2? I got 65%>70, 20% between 20 between 50 and 70, and 15% 50 or below. Unfortunately for me I got some of the best fail marks (or worst). Regarding the pass mark this was estimated in a previous post and probably around 82/120. By the looks of my marks I probably got 80 or 81 along with all the other band 10’s.