Is there a country which I can work in?

I’m CFA Level 3 passer(2009) and FRM passer(2006). Current situation is 1.39 yrs old male. 2.less than a year of related work experience(buy-side equity analyst in investment advisory firm) because of career change decision.(And the firm which I worked quit the business due to deficit). 3.I’m Korean. Here, other firms are sensitive to the age of entry position applicant. 4.good command of written English and basic level speaking. 5.Waiting for the interview result of sell-side analyst position of Broker & Investment Bank but now I need plan B. 6.None of finance related degree. I think there is low probability of getting visa through related work permission, but because of time & resource I put in, I’d rather go abroad if there is chance. Of course, getting visa is none of this forum’s topic but I welcome any advice.

May I ask what you were doing before this 1 year experience ? Regarding visas, different countries have different rules, so can you be more specific ?

1.Unfortunately, I don’t have any finance related and helpful experience. Prior work experience is insurance product selling in casualty insurance company and local dealer of import product company. 2.I don’t have fluency in any other language. If I choose, I can get invitation visa from my US Virginia resident relatives but any English speaking nation is OK.

CFA L3 passed and FRM passed!! Might want to try India… The market is not that great but still CFA L3 pass is good credential. India is not English speaking per say but most people do speak quite comfortably. One more thing, at almost 40, you should try for senior positions. I have seen people going from Textiles to Finance at that age and getting very senior roles (read Business Head/MD/HOD).

abraxas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m CFA Level 3 passer(2009) and FRM > passer(2006). > > Current situation is > > 1.39 yrs old male. > quit braggin baby.

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One more thing, at almost 40, you should try for > senior positions. I have seen people going from > Textiles to Finance at that age and getting very > senior roles (read Business Head/MD/HOD). Not in this market.

Trying to find a job in the US is probably not a good idea right now - maybe in a year or so it will be better. The EU is also cracking down on foreign hires. Maybe try Canada? I don’t know what their visa rules are, though.

Look at New Zealand.

no country for old men

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > abraxas Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m CFA Level 3 passer(2009) and FRM > > passer(2006). > > > > Current situation is > > > > 1.39 yrs old male. > > > > quit braggin baby. haha I was thinking the same thing. how is it even possible for someone to pass all three levels before their 2nd birthday?

^ stewie griffin can do it.

Try north korea, assuming you are south korean. If you are from north however, getting a visa could be an issue!

Probably your best route is to apply to become a permanent resident in countries with an active immigration program: Canada, The UK, Australia, and New Zealand are some examples. You can apply without a job offering if your credentials match the labor shortage list of your intended country.

I know that this is the first year in a while that there are still work visa slots available in the US. I guess bc of the downturn- but in 08 and 07 they were gone in days.