Is there a statistic on how many people pass L2 after passing L1 in Dec?

Another question from the person who can not wait to get Dec07 results, who is too lazy to start studying, who is hooked up on AF Is there some kind of statistic showing the percentage of people passing L2 after passing L1 in Dec of prior year?

I believe it’s approximately 24.65%

Thank you, ID10T

88.2% of statistics are made up on the spot.

true story

I we assume average pass rate is about 40% and it doesn’t depend on whether you passed in Dec or before Dec (I think it’s a reasonable assumption) then the answer is 40%.

I would assume it’s much lower than 40%. I would assume that some of those 40% took level 1 in June and had to wait a year to take Level 2 and a lot of the people who passed Level 2 are repeat takers.

“Is there some kind of statistic showing the percentage of people passing L2 after passing L1 in Dec of prior year?” 12?

CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would assume it’s much lower than 40%. I would > assume that some of those 40% took level 1 in June > and had to wait a year to take Level 2 and a lot > of the people who passed Level 2 are repeat > takers. That’s irrelevant. What’s important is whether chances of passing Level II of those who passed Level I in Dec are higher/lower/same as of those who passed Level I before Dec. My assumption is that those conditional probabilities are about the same. Therefore, conditional probability will equal unconditional probability which is roughly 40%.