Is This A Violation?!

I noticed someone who passed level III this year post on their LinkedIn account that they are now a CFA and were awarded the charter. How is this possible?

not seen it before this year, but it seems they are awarding the charter immediately if you paid your dues, have work experienced approved, and passed the exam.

It is possible, when i paid dues today i was immediately in the membership list…

As a member or as a charterholder? Do the letters, CFA, after after your name on the CFAI website?

Yes, the letters are after my name when i login, and when i click on my name and go to member directory i see my name with the letters and the following “Earned the CFA charter on 13 August 2014”. I must say that i applied for society membership, work experience and recommendations a few weeks ago so i had all that sorted out. Today i only completed my PCS and paid dues and got the charter immediately.

Yes there are people reporting that CFAI decided to skip the official 2 month wait and award it to people asap on the website.

You’re completely legit.

Snitches get stitches

…and wind up in ditches.

yup, got “CFA” after my name on the CFAI site right after I paid for my membership

Immediate delivery of charter upon passing over here as welll. Called the customer service line at 11pm (I live in boston) and a very kind woman in Asia congratulated me and confirmed immediate use of designation. Well played cfai. (Golf clap). Website says I was awarded the CFA charter on August 12.

Immediate delivery of charter upon passing over here as welll. Called the customer service line at 11pm (I live in boston) and a very kind woman in Asia congratulated me and confirmed immediate use of designation. Well played cfai. (Golf clap). Website says I was awarded the CFA charter on August 12.

wonder what the OP’s plan was if it were a violation.