Is this acceptable?

Just get spinners on your automobile, that way you look good in and out of the office! By moving up the hierarchy, doesn’t that mean you have more power? I’d consider walking in w/ flip-flops, jeans, and a Tshirt that has cheesy remarks such as “I’m work with stupid people” or “Me Love U Longggg Time” just to show off your superiority. Jokes aside, I find that non-client facing people dress more comfortably near the top of the ladder. One senior partner wears Sperry Top-Siders without any socks to work A person a level down wears khakis instead of trousers then the low rung all come in suits and tie

I’m under 30 and wear french cuffs a few days a week. Nothing wrong with it. You want to class up your attire, do it the right way. Get some Hermes and Ferragamo ties, custom shirts and designer suits. Tie bars and pocket squares (where’s JParker?) will make you stand out, in the wrong way.

• red braces - preferably with $ signs on them + yellow bow-tie You will instantly become a better analyst and make piles of money

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m under 30 and wear french cuffs a few days a > week. Nothing wrong with it. > > You want to class up your attire, do it the right > way. Get some Hermes and Ferragamo ties, custom > shirts and designer suits. Tie bars and pocket > squares (where’s JParker?) will make you stand > out, in the wrong way. I have many hermes ties and decent collection of other brands even some seven fold ties, and decent collection of shirts from both fashion brands and quality brands. And although I don’t believe in bespoke suits I do have a few nice designer suits fashion-wise. Problem is Hermes, Emilio Pucci, Ferragamo ties are more common at work then pastels polos at a frat house. My newer designer suits really are unique from all the kiton and brioni suits but I feed like I need something else.

Gotta be honest with you. In my experience there’s no need to try and “out class” everybody. It’s a uniform just like any other uniform. Dress the way all the other people at your firm dress and you’ll be doing yourself more of a favor. Also, as somebody else mentioned, people at higher levels wear what they have to wear to be dressed appropriately, nothing more (and sometimes less).

cadillac grillz, cadillac grillz. every top shop’s analysts are wearing them these days.

if you go with the handkerchief, don’t forget the carnation Think “Captain Peacock” on the brit TV show “Are you Being Served” which runs on PBS some places

You could rock a pocket sqaure, but I would go with a straight fold as opposed to a more flashy unfurled look, or triangle fold. The straight fold is more subtle, basically the square sticks out a quarter of an inch, running parallel with the pocket. Tie clips/tacks seem a little dated, unless of course you are a grey hair, then you can rock one. When I would travel to London for work, I would rock a three piece suit, pocket watch, and of course spread collar with links, the Brits love that stuff.

^ That’s what I meant by an architech fold.

Interesting I never heard that before, I like it better than “straight fold”.

Just wear what you like, as long as you look professional (as required by your dress code) who really cares

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Interesting I never heard that before, I like it > better than “straight fold”. I think the technical terms is not straight fold but a “flat fold” Presidential, Architect and TV are each slight variations.

you crack me up. I wore suspenders to an internship interview to a top 10 AM and got the job. wear what you want. your clothes dont mean sh%%. can you contribute alpha. that is all that matters. my suspenders from brooks were just a prop.