Is this job a step in the right direction?

I was approached by a recruiter and curious if I should pursue this. Description: Growing retail firm is currently seeking a temp to perm E/L Treasury Analyst. Idea candidate will have retail and treasury/cash management experience. Company is willing to train on cash management procedures. Responsibilities will include credit card reconciliations, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and chargeback and treasury functions. Currently I work in the travel/tourism industry in a world HQ as a Pricing Analyst. Does this seem like a good move to try to make? My current role involves more analysis than this treasury analyst position (which seems largely accounting). I do see on the forums a lot people discuss Treasury Roles… is this only within banks that it is meaningful?

If you’re wondering if this new job will count towards CFA designation, then you have to be able to show that you spent at least 50% of your time doing analysis in this position. If you can show that, then go for it.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Responsibilities will > include credit card reconciliations, account > reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and > chargeback and treasury functions. Sounds like zero analysis and basic accounting… and it’s a temp job.

what do you want to do? what is the goal?

Yes, Justin that was sort of my concern. It sounds very accounting based. I would like to work in AM (along with everyone else). I can’t give you a specific function within the field that I am most interested in, but would like to position myself to be competitive to interview.

stop doing these temp jobs and at least get try to get into a Big 4 or something

Stay away from commercial banking… if you wish to see yourself in I Banking in future.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Responsibilities will > include credit card reconciliations, account > reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and > chargeback and treasury functions. I turned down a job very much like this. The official title of the job I declined was Jr. Accountant/Financial Analyst. It was a pre-CPA position with no room for growth. I’d advise you to do more research…

BangBusDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stay away from commercial banking… if you wish to > see yourself in I Banking in future. That s a very broad statement. How do you define commercial banking ? Syndicating credit facilities of billions and LBO financing is done by commercial banks. Doesn’t sound too far from IBanking to me. There is much overlap . At least in Europe.

I think he means: bank teller vs investment banking analyst

I wouldn’t recommend this job… I’d stay away from anything with reconciliation, and this job lists that 3/5 times.

This is an accounting job, don’t do it.

Reconciliations. Gun. Head. Trigger. Pull.

Not doing commercial banking, didn’t intend on it. I had heard that trying to make a switch into corporate is impossible and that the job itself sucks. As for Big 4, get me an interview, I’m game. They usually only post entry levels on college sites, I applied through my school, but I’m a year and a half removed already. Right now I’m targeting entry level head hunters on LinkedIn and spamming corporate career pages. Am I missing any valuable ways to go about this?

Dude_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Reconciliations. Gun. Head. Trigger. Pull. +100 As someone who has done “reconciliation” work in back office, I totally understand this. I would rather be unemployed then go back to that sh*t work. Will never go back to back office ever.