Is this job worth interviewing for ?

Got an interview offer for the following role. I’m not in research right now…does this role seem too junior for a charterholder ? • Tracking & providing regular updates on markets globally and invest strategies • Primary responsibility will be to be the driving force of Knowledge for PM’s responsible for providing sound investment advise to HMW clients • Scrutinize customer portfolios offered by PM’s/SFA/FA to see whether they are in line with the research and recommended advice as well as risk profile and asset allocation mix. • Train and educate PM’s/SFA/FA on investment research and market trends. • Interacting with Head of Private Banking, Investment Advisory team and Sales to design & launch products basis market dynamics. • Edit and Create marketing tools as it relates to Investments including Brochures and Campaigns, investment newsletter. Responsible for designing the formats of how the PMs will receive all data making it easy for understanding supported by graphs and market snapshots • Monitor and maintain accuracy in compliance, credit and operations on investment cases • Enhance customer service through ongoing relationship management and by providing pro-active advice to the larger customers on an informed basis

Shout out to Numi, Joey and other board vets ! Whatdya think ?

I’m no vet, but can you tell us what the alternative is?

The alternative is to continue at my present place where I’m involved in marketing FOF and structured products. But I would rather move into a research oriented role on the buy-side (PM track). Would love to hear from folks in buy-side research/PM. Thanks guys.

well, this definitely sounds like a support/marketing role to me. the most interesting aspect is probably the bullet that says “primary responsibility will be to be the driving force of Knowledge for PM’s responsible for providing sound investment advise to HMW clients” but they don’t go into detail about how you are to go about achieving this. i have no idea if this is “below” the qualifications of a charterholder, because really what matters more than having the charter is work experience…but let’s just say that this isn’t the type of opportunity that i would be wowed by. i guess it all depends on what your skills are as well as where you are right now.

Thanks Numi. I’m seeing this as a first step into the buy-side where one starts off being a research analyst for the PMs and then ultimately gets ownership of accounts and starts managing money.

i’d say of course its worth interviewing for, just to see if your hunch is correct. i think the question you should be asking is ‘if they offer me this, is it worth taking?’. an interview is an hour or two of your time, you shouldn’t even hesitate…

charlesg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks Numi. > > I’m seeing this as a first step into the buy-side > where one starts off being a research analyst for > the PMs and then ultimately gets ownership of > accounts and starts managing money. yeah, i guess in the long haul it could be a potential track to PM but it wasn’t necessarily what i was thinking at first. i guess you’ll find out more when you interview with them. if you get the offer, definitely ask more probing questions like how realistic the career progression is, what other people who used to be in the role you’re interviewing for are doing now, etc…