Is this possible in 15 days?

I have been reading posts here on AF about progresses. Many people have started practice exams as well which means that they are finished with the books and are now practicing and reviewing. My situation is that I am left with 2 books, these are Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative investments and Economics. I have been caught up with school work and full time (non-finance) job. Studying 2hours on weekdays and 5-7hours on Sat & Sun, is it possible to finish these books (with end of chap quizzes) off in 15 days to leave November for review? or should I bust? Thanks in advance all. p.s I have a finance background, as in school.

you are fine, ramp up and stock up on red bull. 2-3 a day, dont be a wuss.

Piece of piss, you should have no worries (so I hope because you are further ahead than me, and I am aiming for the same time line).

you are SO much ahead than i am. i read half of FSA, almost died of boredom and as a result switched to Quant now, am currently on Study Session #2. By the end of this week I hope to have read all Quant section, then skip over to book 2 (econ?), then tackle book 4 and 5. then resume with FSA (more or less read it al over again because i think i already forgot the half i read), and ethics, and review. and hopefully pass. :slight_smile:

approaching_c Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- … then resume > with FSA (more or less read it al over again > because i think i already forgot the half i read), > and ethics, and review. and hopefully pass. :slight_smile: this is why you need to do practice problems

i don’t have q-bank (no money). so far all i’ve been doing is read schweser study notes, then do the questions they have at the end of each reading… the MC’s there, not so much comprehensive problems

approaching_c Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you are SO much ahead than i am. i read half of > FSA, almost died of boredom and as a result > switched to Quant now, am currently on Study > Session #2. By the end of this week I hope to have > read all Quant section, then skip over to book 2 > (econ?), then tackle book 4 and 5. then resume > with FSA (more or less read it al over again > because i think i already forgot the half i read), > and ethics, and review. and hopefully pass. :slight_smile: You might be in trouble.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > approaching_c Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > you are SO much ahead than i am. i read half of > > FSA, almost died of boredom and as a result > > switched to Quant now, am currently on Study > > Session #2. By the end of this week I hope to > have > > read all Quant section, then skip over to book > 2 > > (econ?), then tackle book 4 and 5. then resume > > with FSA (more or less read it al over again > > because i think i already forgot the half i > read), > > and ethics, and review. and hopefully pass. :slight_smile: > > > You might be in trouble. yea thats cutting it a little close unless you are a prodigy

well i am still trying to stay optimistic. this week i will finish Quant. then go through the Econ. volume during the weekend. 2 weeks to go through Book 4 & 5. spend 1 more week on FSA. memorize ethics (1 week) review, schweser practice exams, more review (2-3 weeks). write the exam … no work? i guess i’ll find out in a few months.

Thanks for the boost. But biggies like JIBBIKERX, JOEYDVIVRE etc didn’t reply to the original post by me. please shed some light through your experiences.

> My situation is that I am left with 2 > books, these are Fixed Income, Derivatives and > Alternative investments and Economics. > Ah, isn’t that three books? Anyways, Econ’s a long book so you might be pushing it for end of October. I’ve got a couple chapters left in FSA and corp fin plus the last two books and I figure at my current pace I’ll wrap up the readings and end of chapter exercises between the first and second week of November. I think it’ll work for me to review/practice for a couple of weeks and re-read ethics which I read the last time in about a day and a half. I got hung up on the tax section of FSA coz it was a mind-numbing bore. I actually like FSA, but I’ve never seen such a drug-out treatment of taxes.