Is this result worth re-counting?

I don’t know if I should or not, do you think its worth asking for a recount given the results I got and the band that I am in, I feel like I missed the passing point by one mark. What do you all think? Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

im wondering the same thing, may be worth just doing it Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Look at mine. I passed. But, I feel that my 50-70 ranges were all near 70. Perhaps, I missed each of the section by just one question. I only have two more than 70%. But, I feel positive that they were both 100%, and the 50-70 ranges were near 70%. Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Fortunately I passed Level II, but I knew my score would be close so I did a search a few weeks ago looking for people with succesful retabs. I found several retabulations and none of them had their results overturned. It’s probably a waste of $100, but if would help you sleep better… This is the first time they’ve done performance bands so who knows? This is a thread on the same subject in the Level III forum: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,814423

deep – yours is pretty similar to mine and i passed Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * might be worth dropping the 100. would you pay 100 to not read pension stuff again?

F the retab, let’s learn this stuff and learn it well for 2009. if you do retab, tell me how it works out but that’s my theory anyways. i re-registered. new books coming, new enthusiasm to not even be close to the passing line in 2009 and leave anything to chance.

From what I’ve heard retab is basically like burning money, but go for it if it makes you feel better…

I retabbed last year, my 40/60/80 was 68 and most thought i was pretty close, but didnt get it back in my favor. Personally if i were you, i would do it, if you can afford it.

dont throw your money away.

I retabbed level I. Result stayed a “Fail” and I still think it was good use of my money.

The bands are pretty wide (and also can’t believe that some of the scores at the top were ‘Fails’), but I think if >70 was achieved for Ethics, it probably would have made a bit more of a difference.

mike0021 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > deep – yours is pretty similar to mine and i > passed > > Item Set > Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > - Alternative Investments 18 - * - > - Corporate Finance 36 - - * > - Derivatives 36 - - * > - Economics 18 * - - > - Equity Investments 72 - * - > - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - > - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * > - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * > - Portfolio Management 18 * - - > - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * > > might be worth dropping the 100. would you pay 100 > to not read pension stuff again? I would retab just for the slight chance of not doing pension. I’m going to retab it, I’m 99% sure it will not make a difference but I will sleep better at nights and probably study better knowing I took all possible routes. Thank you for your feedbacks, I will post how it went to so it can be added to the statistics.

retab…mine is pretty similar and i already did.

pointless…don’t do it…

I’m thinking about a retab. I was only in band 9 but it is so frustrating. I don’t know how many of you have families but we are definitely at a disadvantage (although that was our choice). It sucked to be so close and not pass considering I had to give up A LOT of time with my 4 kids. Not to mention still working full-time. I’m not a woman’s libber by any means so don’t think that. Just venting. We all worked hard I’m sure based on the results I see people posting. Family or not, we are all ticked off by not passing after all of the hard work. I think I won’t try again but good luck to all of you that do. You can do it!!!

So basically all those who want to retab is thinking there was a mistake with the machine or whatever device that scans it ? They won’t look at anything else that is subjective such as whether you should have passsed or not. If somehow, there was a error in adding up the score, then they would reassess whether the MPS was achieved or not.

mumukada glad to see you back and congrats on passing this thing, you worked hard and deserved it. Tmeister I would write it again - think about how much time you spent on this material, very few pass all three levels on the first try so I would not let this discourage you. Saddle up and get back on the horse and join us all for 2009 level 2! Aristotle, I don’t know much about how the retab works but from what I read on the website it seems that they manually verify your paper and check the score sheet to make sure it is all circled in and there were no problems. I think the difference was about 1 mark so if out of the 120 questions one had a smuge and the machine did not read it properly that could be all I need. Had I failed ethics I would not even bother but with ethics at least above 50 I think I’m safe for the borderline judgement if it comes to that.