Is this Unethical?

Let say that you passed all three CFA tests and is waiting for work experience approval from the AIMR so that you can get your charter. The approval process is a formality and its really a question about waiting for the AIMR to get back to you. Would it be unethical to have a colleague/friend, who is already in your local chapter (say Boston), go on the career site and copy and paste all the job listings for you. Thanks.

Ask that question a different way - why would it be unethical? Your friend is refering you to the job. He pays his dues, has access and as part of your network, informs you of appropriate postings (in this call, all of them).

In that case, anyone in the BSAS willing to help out a fellow AF member :wink:

Dude, if they consider that unethical they can keep their stupid charter…

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, if they consider that unethical they can > keep their stupid charter… That’s how I felt but my colleague felt “morally obligated.” Not very happy with it, to say the least.

what type of job are you looking for? We’re hiring in Boston. Small PWM shop with an internal Fund of Funds and active fixed income desk. We’re a manager of managers on the equity side.

hey LUkeBBC251, I am looking for an equity analyst role in some form or shape. Heard that BSAS is a good source for job listings for hedge funds, etc.

Your colleague is a douche. Next time you see him tell him to F off.

negativefcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey LUkeBBC251, > > I am looking for an equity analyst role in some > form or shape. Heard that BSAS is a good source > for job listings for hedge funds, etc. drop me a line, I put my email addy in my handle. We have 2 open positions we started interviewing for…

It’s not an ethical breach to refer people to jobs on a website (most that I know of even have a button saying “send this to someone”). The only time it would be unethical is if the site actually has a policy stating that you shouldn’t do that, and although I’m sure some sites do have a policy like that, I don’t think it’s all that common. What probably is unethical is for a colleague to give you their password and say feel free to log in anytime and look, because it potentially compromises the security of their web systems, and you are taking advantage of a (presumably) paid service by pretending to be them. A greyer area is if they log in for you and let you surf around, on the understanding that you’ll log off afterwards, that’s probably ok, particularly if your colleague is nearby, but not everyone would agree. And if so, it might be covered by the legal principle “de minimis non curat lex” (the law does not care about very minor matters).

My friends do it all the time for me, never occured to us theres something wrong with that…

It would be unethical if somebody posted the id & login information here on this message board. J-Rad, please email it to me.

thanks guys. Makes sense Anyone in the Boston area, that would like to lend a helping hand?

Luke, when are you hiring for? I work in Boston currently but I am scheduled for a layoff this summer. I would like to stay in the area, and the position you mentioned sounds like something I might be interested in. You can drop me a line, im on gmail my handle is ebmorton. GenY

We are also hiring in Moscow… :slight_smile:

what does this mean “I put my email addy in my handle.” I see no e-mail…

CFAMaven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what does this mean “I put my email addy in my > handle.” > > I see no e-mail… I took it off once negativecf contacted me. GenY: I’ll shoot you an email a little later and you can shoot me a resume.

Neud, what kind of talents are you looking for in Moscow?

StudyHardWorkHard Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Neud, what kind of talents are you looking for in > Moscow? Actually, we are looking for IBD/PE analysts

i’m down. i have a vague feeling i know you anyway, from your posts you sound like a guy i met on the T studying for the CFA a couple years back. bignodge2004@yahoo.com