is this wildly optimistic? cfa passing grades

http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/normancafe/StudyRoom_CFA_passscore.htm has this been analyzed on here before?.. suggests a very low passing score. which is good (i know i’m the one who said a guy was sure the automatic pass is 70%… but he’s been wrong about other CFA subjects before)

Think this relates to pre multi choice?

yes :frowning: so unfortunately useless

thanks guys, much appreciated!!!

westbruin, I am no expert on this topic neither do i have any insider information. My gut tells me the link you sent is probably what the reality is going to be. A lot of people on AF are very very passionate, serious, nervous, too involved. So they are in my opinion over estimating the mps. It wasnt an easy exam …mps will not be over 67%. In my opinion it will be 58% - 67% range. Most likely 62% ish. Unless they throw out a loot of the very tough questions. I am thinking they wont throw them out. Any way its pure speculation. I dont have internal knowledge to back any of the stuff i stated above. Good luck buddy…hope we cross this hurdle and put it behind us. :slight_smile:

“Another case I knowed:…” who wrote this thing?

A guy from HK / China… Look at the about me section… btw… I had a time, where I also believed the mps to be around 58-67%… but right knwo i dont think so any more. first reason, I think if the mps is 58%, you would have 80% passes, since most candidates should score in that region. I think with a bit knowledge, it’s kind of easy to reach this score, thereafter, every percent is hard work. also the 40/60/80 method convinced me, that the score should be around 67%, since the pass/fail barrier from the 40/60/80 estimation was astoundingly sharp at this score… however, for me, i guess if the mps is arounf 67%, my pass chances are around 40-50%, if the mps is at e.g. 62%, i think i almost surely passed

T-Schulz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A guy from HK / China… > Look at the about me section… > > btw… I had a time, where I also believed the mps > to be around 58-67%… > but right knwo i dont think so any more. > first reason, I think if the mps is 58%, you would > have 80% passes, since most candidates should > score in that region. I think with a bit > knowledge, it’s kind of easy to reach this score, > thereafter, every percent is hard work. > also the 40/60/80 method convinced me, that the > score should be around 67%, since the pass/fail > barrier from the 40/60/80 estimation was > astoundingly sharp at this score… > > however, for me, i guess if the mps is arounf 67%, > my pass chances are around 40-50%, if the mps is > at e.g. 62%, i think i almost surely passed agreed on almost everything. i think you could get 50% with pretty limited studying and then i agree the marks get tougher and tougher above that.

I think people underestimate the number of dumb mistakes made by everyone and how many questions that involved vague enough words to provide strong arguments for multiple answers. I’m thinking 67% would be a maximum with 64%-65% being more realistic and heeding a 40% pass rate.