Is Twitter the next big buyout?

Will Twitter follow Linkedin as the next big buyout? What do you think?

I’ve been thinking this since the beginning of the year when M&A started heating up. I haven’t been able to think of anyone that would truly benefit from buying Twitter. I honestly thought Yahoo was going to, which technically they still could with their Alibaba shares + Yahoo Japan. Facebook possibly could, but there’s no real added benefit. Twitter wouldn’t help their reach or add any new functionality like Instagram did. Plus I think they are looking at localized messenger services to add, hence the over pay for WhatsApp. Google obviously could, but I think they want out of the social media space after Google+. Oracle has been scooping up ad tech companies, and could be looking for a strong user base to take advantage of. Other than that it could be just a random company thinking they can make it work. The issue Twitter has is that they don’t know as much about their users as FB, so they can’t monetize as well.

Just shut it down, it’s pointless, can’t think of who would want to buy that crap.

just another MySpace waiting to die.

strictly from a consumer perspective. i like twitter. some pros actually use it a lot to share news. try typing $ticker. mostly trash info, but there are rare gems that make it worth the while.