Is USA the best place to find a job in AM/Private Banking ?

Hello,

I’m about to graduate from College and I have two options:

-A job in Florida in a private bank, but it’s kind of an operations job. It won’t give me any insight about financial products.

-A job in London in a private bank, in the risk department. The job seems more interesting, although it’s mostly oriented towards the bank’s financial risks (liquidity, market…) and not towards the risks within each portfolio.

Of course it would make sense to go to London but I feel like USA is really the place to be for Asset Management. I’m European so I would also need sponsorship and it might make the quest even more difficult for me but I feel like it’s worth trying. The job in Florida is a one year contract, and one year from now I would ideally have passed the Level III of the CFA (waiting for the results) + be a CAIA charteholder (Level I next September, level II March 2018). Do you think that the future might look brighter for me one year from now, although my professional background would be quite light for analyst positions ?

I feel a bit discouraged, I have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do but I’m not even getting any chances to show what I can do in an interview :sob: :sob: :sob: I feel like I would need to enroll in a top MS Finance to even be considered as a potential candidate but on the other hand what would I learn more than in through the CFA program. I feel like I should try hard in the USA and eventually go back to Europe if nothing interesting shows up. What would you guys do ?