Is your score distribution way sh*ttier than you thought it would be?

Thanks for the kind words Palantir. Yep mate, planning to start in September itself.

I generally do well in Ethics and got 50-70 here. Deosnt matter whether band 10 or 8 or 1; a fail is a fail and means I didnt get into top 49% who cleared!

Just got to put my bum on the study chair even more and probably be more smarter in answering the questions :slight_smile: Cheers.

My score distribution is also worse than I expected for the AM session and better than expected for the PM sessions. That being said, it is really hard to set expectations for the exam, especially for the AM session. But I’m glad it is over and I don’t have to study all over again.

Candidates who didn’t pass: don’t read a lot, keep your reading at minimum level. Just do many questions, Schweser practice exams and the CFA previous year exams.

my god … thats very disappointing , may be you just missed by a whisker or something… the way i see for many people, i think this should have been a pass… will u apply for retabulation , i think it may be worth it…

I knew i fucked in Am and i have a 40/60/80 MPS of only 62%… and pm i thot i cracked it but my mps is only 76%… i was expecting 80+… however i still made it and happy… i missed 1 full question in AM and other i just responded one line each so i was worried…

Sooraj just see if you have got <50 is same topic in both AM &PM and if its ethics…in that case it may be a segment issue, if not, i seriously think you should apply for retabulation

TRH how the F did you pass with those scores? I agree with scatterbrain. Your confidence was misplaced.

Or put it another way, how did they fail Sooraj with his scores? Does not compute.

My scores - distribution was about what I expected.

AM - 6/11 > 70% (102 points), 4 between 51%-70% (62 pts), 1 < 50% (16 pts)

PM - 9/10 sets > 70% (162 pts), 1 < 50% (18 pts).

CFAI should declare total scores and %

This is unfair

Yes, for you and everyone else too. The lesson is that TRH was right :slight_smile:

^ Nope. Not to be harsh but if there any lesson, it is just that TRH is a braggart who got lucky.

I thought AM killed me and I nailed PM for sure.

I failed with AM and PM killing me

This is a pass. My results must have been very borderline – passing ethics has probably helped me across the line, as I certainly made a mess of the morning paper.

AM

<=50% - 6

51-70% - 3

>70% - 2

PM

<=50% - 1

51-70% - 4

>70% - 3

AM doesnt have ethics mate… I generally have scored lesser on AM in all topics, so just need to improve out there. And I dont think retab is worth the wait and the money.

I feel I am better off agreeing that I was not good enough and hopefully get it next year :slight_smile:

But thanks for your kind words Amit. Really appreciate your thoughts!

Give him a break, so what if he is confident about his performance. A lot of people think the same thing after the exam but very few openly admit to it.

Honestly i never feel confident but i also never analyze my score after i passed - since i don’t get to see the exam again and i have already forgotten about the questions, not to mention no one knows the equation of determining passing or failing, there is no solution to this analysis.

If only there were a behavioral finance term to describe the type of bias I am exhibiting?

It’s OK to feel confident and then score >70% in most topics with a few 50-70% thrown in. But if you are confident and you have this distribution…

then you should admit that your initial confidence was not justified and you got lucky.

^ that’s what I did in the first post of this thread.

Second sight bias? :slight_smile:

Any oracles in the family tree?

Any recommendations for tomorrow’s lottery numbers?

I guess the best course of action for all of us is to move on now. The ones who passed, drown yourselves in alcohol and think how to put the designation to its best use. The ones who failed, drown yourselves in alcohol and do best when you meet the beast again. I was pretty surprised with the distrubution myself, but the numbers dont lie. The stuff that i am good at, i did very well in those. Just the thought of missing 30 mins worth of questions was killing me before the results.

AM Session: <50: 2 (The questions i did not attempt due to time constraint), 50-70: 3, 70+ : 6

PM Session: <50: 0, 50-70: 2, 70+ : 6

Isn’t confidence a state of mind? you don’t need something to prove yourself, if you are rich and you tell people you are rich you are not confident you are just bragging.

I had the same score.

I had 6 below 50 in the AM. PM saved me.

This is what I thought I would get exactly. Poor in the morning and solid in the afternoon. I left feeling that the PM will push through with a pass. I failed this beast 2x before this one with last year’s having the same sort of results but failed ethics which I think helped me fail.

AM

<=50% - 6

51-70% - 2

>70% - 3

PM

>70% - 8