Is your score distribution way sh*ttier than you thought it would be?

I passed, but I’m surprised given my score distribution:

Morning

<50 in 4 out of 11

50 to 70 in 5 out of 11

>70 in 2 out of 11

Afternoon:

<50 0 topics

50-70 in 5 topics

>70 in in 3 topics

So according to this I probably didn’t even do better than 70 in the afternoon. I’m thinking I got in the low sixties total and still passed.

Mine is more or less on the track. After exam, I made a note on what I think my score would be around (in range) and most of them are in that range.

AM

<=50% - 3

51-70% - 5

>70% - 3

PM

<=50% - 2

51-70% - 3

>70% - 3

Your distribution is fairly typical. I too thought my AM was pretty strong, but didn’t do as well as I had thought. PM I thought I struggled with, but pleasantly surprised with Ethics, which I thought I got killed on.

AM

<50 in 6 topics

50-70 in 2 topics

>70 in 3 topics

PM

<50 in 0 topics

50-70 in 3 topics

>70 in 5 topics.

You are a lucky dude. Despite the bad wishes from some on here, you managed to cross over. I suspect your score must be damn close to the MPS

Yet another lucky chap.

One of my friends just got a 40/60/80 score of 78%. Was 70%+ on every single topic, except one or two in the morning.

^ Cal him a f*g for me me please?

TRH, glad to see your confidence in passing wasnt misplaced. Congrats!

I also passed but the AM session doesnt seem to tally - 6 between 50&70 when I thought I would get >70 at least 3-4 of them. PM was brilliant with 6 sets scoring >70. I genuinely thought my AM was excellent, perhaps as good as PM, but …

Anyhow the end result is what matters - was band 10 previously, so am happy to finally clear the final hurdle.

I got 7/11 that was >70% for AM and 6/8 that was >70% for PM. The rest were 51- 70% and nothing below 50%.

I’m happy that my scores are pretty clear cut but I must admit that I am somewhat surprised at the range of scores among the various candidates.

Some look like they should have passed yet they failed and some looked like they should have failed yet they passed.

It looks to me like there could be a big disparity among those who passed and those who didn’t.

It would be good if there was more transparency on grading.

Mine was better. I thought I did much worse in AM since I left a few essentially blank (I put maybe one sentence) and a few of the morning Indiv PM questions I had no idea on I just wrote a few numbers.

Morning

<50 in 3 out of 11

50 to 70 in 5 out of 11

>70 in 3 out of 11

Afternoon:

<50 1 topic

50-70 in 2 topics

>70 in in 5 topics

I mean look at this it really seems like a total crap shoot.

Passed. I actually thought I did better in the morning. Does anyone score higher in the morning? Ever?

Morning

<50 in 4 out of 11

50 to 70 in 3 out of 11

>70 in 4 out of 11

Afternoon:

<50 1 topic

50-70 1 topic (Alts 2 item sets)

>70 in in 6 topics (Ethics 2 item sets)

Oh and I failed ethics.

a pass is a pass… there is no CFA charterholder with distinction (or honors). :slight_smile:

you have completed the exams, and the rest is history!

I did quite a bit worse on the PM than I thought on test day. I didn’t really have any expectation about my AM score, but thanfully came out okay.

I was positively suprised in the AM. PM was more or less inline with expectations.

Morning

<50 in 2 out of 11

50 to 70 in 2 out of 11

>70 in 7 out of 11

Afternoon:

<50 0 topics

50-70 in 2 topics

>70 in in 6 topics

Considering that I thought i was going to fail when the pass rate was announced, I am pretty happy with my results.

Righteous, for someone who openly bragged about passing, you look like you just passed by the skin of your teeth. There may be a lesson in that for you

AM

< 50 = 5 out of 11

> 50 - 70 = 3 out of 11

> 70 = 3 out of 11

PM

< 50 = 0

> 50 - 70 = 3

> 70 = 5

Band 10 failed… I didnt do IPS well at all and ethics in the PM well at all. Simple, I failed!

It shows <50 in Ethics. I can’t believe this!

Sooraj you had very similar scores to me, although I don’t know your topic weights. In my case I did well in ethics which may well have been the difference. Ironically I didn’t study ethics very much and thought I screwed up.

I was band 10 last year. Just keep doing what you’re doing. However, do not screw up the advantage you have over other test takers. Use it to your advantage and start early, like in September so you won’t be stressed as much during the year and that way. You can be very confident before and after the exam. Jus IMO.

I don’t know if Cfa will pay off, but the feeling of accomplishment is worth it to continue.