ISIS bride begging to return to US

1. She renounced her citizenship in joining ISIS, which was also a foreign self declared entity.

2. Apparently what’s debated is that she was born here when her father was a diplomat so the claim by the state department is she never had citizenship.

3. Actually, that’s exactly how it works in some cases, the UK has a mechanism and stripped Begum of her citizenship.

1. Self declared is the key phrase there. Nobody recognized it, not really a country.Certainly not now.

2. That’s news to me, but ultimately that’s a legal issue that should be decided in the courts.

3. Again, this isn’t finalized. Her Bangladesh citizenship isn’t definitive, and if she doesn’t have citizenship then she can’t be stripped of her UK citizenship. Ultimately this should be settled in court.

#3 is legally false.

#2 it was decided by the state department, which has jurisdiction

#1 Everything you said is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if the entity dissolved, she renounced her citizenship in the process (which didn’t exist), there’s no international law requiring that it be for an entity recognized by the US. You’re just stating things you wish were true.

What state is she a citizen of?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47310206

The home secretary has the power to strip an individual of their British citizenship on the basis that it is “conducive to the public good”, as long as the person would not become stateless as a result.”

Image result for i declare bankruptcy the office

Ultimately they’ll pull a favor and let Bangledesh or Syria figure it out.

if you are convicted of treason, you don’t go to jail.

What about Guantanamo Bay’s cooks and janitors? In your opinion, should they be held responsible to some extent of the possible human and civil rights crimes at Guantanamo?

In fact, you can.

It’s probably rare, however.

its really funny. quite honestly if this was a dude. we’d assume hes a cold blooded head chopping child raping pos. but because its a woman, many are sympathetic and rise to her defense using examples such as cook or a maid.

If they left Al Qaida tribes for those roles, it would be ridiculous for them to welcome them back. I’m not suggesting that everyone who joined the German military from the US committed war crimes I’m saying that they are all traitors and do bare blame for the organization they joined. You drew a false dichotomy in your attempt to follow along.

But if you want to try to play pretend, I’m even somewhat fine with that comparison. They do share some of the blame for what occurred while they were there, its an organization. If I was working as a cook at Guantanamo, you’d assume they were aware of what was going on, you’re a member of the military, you have a personal responsibility.

False. Death row is still prison.

I meant it in the sense of a prison sentence, not a sentence of death with a prison stay until it’s carried out.

I do, however, admire your opportunism.

short stay before a date with a noose.

If bernie would have been president that would have never happened!!!