It is Friday People...

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Stop being anal dude. That’s what she said!

If your gf told you that she dreamt that you did some anal dude what would you interpret that to mean?

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If your gf told you that she dreamt that you did > some anal dude what would you interpret that to > mean? It depends on the inflection when saying “anal dude”

Stay in bed all weekend! I have no intention of surfacing - night night!!

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stay in bed all weekend! I have no intention of > surfacing - night night!! Pics or it didn’t happen.

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stay in bed all weekend! Odd… I’m not in the country. Who’s the lucky lad?

Stiff1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Extensive sport session on Sat and Sun morning . I > am trying to lose weight (20 lbs.), hence quite a > rigid sports and nutrition program. 30 min jogging > every morning. Stiff1, what’s your program?

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KarenC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stay in bed all weekend! > > Odd… I’m not in the country. Who’s the lucky > lad? Just this little ba$tard called the flu :frowning:

Aww, that sucks. It’s a little outside of flu season, no? Load up on vitamins and drink tons of water.

It is indeed but when you get drenched for hours on end (and you have long hair) you kinda end up with pneumonia or a variation of man flu - I have the latter :frowning:

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stiff1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Extensive sport session on Sat and Sun morning . > I > > am trying to lose weight (20 lbs.), hence quite > a > > rigid sports and nutrition program. 30 min > jogging > > every morning. > > Stiff1, what’s your program? I start jogging slowly to warm up, then accerate. I don’t just run from beginning to the end, but make stops in between when I do push-ups, stretch and do other “fun” stuff like running backwards, sideways and so on. I run at 6 am through the fields, so nobody there to disturb me. By the time I am back home I slow down a bit and inside, I do 100 sit-ups. That’s excrutiating! My diet consists of lots of water (1 galon min.), and basically everything halfway nutricious, I strictly avoid candy, chocolate, chips and soda. I have only started 3 weeks ago and lost 6 lb. in that time. It is not even hard. Day 4-6 were hard if I recall correctly, but now I am fine.

I forgot: I am still in for the occasional beer! Like on Fridays. Like exactly right now…

dmnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looking for dirty Jersey girls at the NJ > Shore… I’ll be at Parker House all day

Stiff1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stiff1 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Extensive sport session on Sat and Sun morning > . > > I > > > am trying to lose weight (20 lbs.), hence > quite > > a > > > rigid sports and nutrition program. 30 min > > jogging > > > every morning. > > > > Stiff1, what’s your program? > > I start jogging slowly to warm up, then accerate. > I don’t just run from beginning to the end, but > make stops in between when I do push-ups, stretch > and do other “fun” stuff like running backwards, > sideways and so on. I run at 6 am through the > fields, so nobody there to disturb me. By the time > I am back home I slow down a bit and inside, I do > 100 sit-ups. That’s excrutiating! My diet consists > of lots of water (1 galon min.), and basically > everything halfway nutricious, I strictly avoid > candy, chocolate, chips and soda. I have only > started 3 weeks ago and lost 6 lb. in that time. > It is not even hard. Day 4-6 were hard if I recall > correctly, but now I am fine. Lifting weights helps with metabolism. For about 8 years I did no cardio but managed to stay cut while eating a normal diet because I lifted weights religiously.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lifting weights helps with metabolism. For about 8 > years I did no cardio but managed to stay cut > while eating a normal diet because I lifted > weights religiously. I was just going to post the same thing. Your metabolism will increase during cardio but will not stay at an elevated level for long. Increasing your muscle mass will help to improve your metabolism for a prolonged period, even well after leaving the gym. Having been all over the place in the last few years I would recommend to continue the cardio but throw in some lifting. You’ll notice the body fat drop in no time.

Stiff one if you have been doing that everyday(or even 5 days a week) and in 3 weeks only lost 6lbs you are either A)already skinny as hell and just anal about your weight or B)eating like sh1t. Change your diet and you will see more results. Like JTLD said, lifting weights does more for you metabolism over time than any cardio.

kblade, going to Deadmau5 at The Dome on Sun? If so, I’ll see you there.

USFbulls, I am 6 ft. 5 and weigh 200 lbs. and people can’t figure why I want to lose weight, because you don’t see the 20 lbs I am trying to lose. The thing is, I may not be overweight in the usual sense, but I am dearly missing the shape I’ve been in a few years ago and I want to get this feeling back again. I know my “feel good” weight is about 180 lbs and I want to get back there as fast as I can. I do not eat sweet stuff anymore, but than that I haven’t changed my eating pattern, meaning, I do indeed eat an aweful lot. I sense I need the energy and thought my program is rigid enough to still lose weigh.

Stiff1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > USFbulls, I am 6 ft. 5 and weigh 200 lbs. and > people can’t figure why I want to lose weight, > because you don’t see the 20 lbs I am trying to > lose. The thing is, I may not be overweight in the > usual sense, but I am dearly missing the shape > I’ve been in a few years ago and I want to get > this feeling back again. I know my “feel good” > weight is about 180 lbs and I want to get back > there as fast as I can. I do not eat sweet stuff > anymore, but than that I haven’t changed my eating > pattern, meaning, I do indeed eat an aweful lot. I > sense I need the energy and thought my program is > rigid enough to still lose weigh. You basically confirmed what everyone else here has been saying, that for what you are trying to accomplish you are much better off lifting weights than going crazy with the cardio. Also, in terms of physical fitness I tend to look at other metrics other than weight, such as body fat %, muscle definition, improvements in strength/endurance, etc. You can be skinny and still out of shape with high body fat.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kblade, going to Deadmau5 at The Dome on Sun? If > so, I’ll see you there. Deadmau5 is coming Sept. 30th here. I already have my ticket :slight_smile: