ITE calculation and nature of assets/liabilities accounting

Hey guys,
So we all know that ITE = ITP + change in DTL - change in DTA

Correct answer here is C. I answered B…
I thought net DTL going from -200 to -250 was a decrease in DTL. Comes out it’s an increase so we should do ITP + 50 and not ITP - 50.

Are liabilites always presented this way in a balance sheet? With a negative sign but should be treated with their absolute values when accounting for increases/decreases. I do get the negative sign, since they are credit accounts by nature, but still, quite confusing…

EDIT: It kinda starts to make sense, if i see negative liabilities in the future, i should treat them in absolute values, so going from -250 to -400 means an increase, more credit, a negative balance means a credit balance, if it is more negative, it means we increased our credit balance.

Almost.

Cross out always and write in never.

pff… Thanks for bringing me back to the real world of accounting, i lived too much in CFAI planet.
Last time i executed a FX operation at my ops job and i did a huge mess by reversing what i was supposed to do (buying instead of selling). My managers came yelling at me, i told them : USD/JPY, JPY is the base currency and USD the price currency!!! Not my fault if your software and the whole market doesn’t have the same conventions as in CFA planet.

I’m looking for a job now.