Its in June Why are you studying now?

I am going to snap the next time someone asks me this… My latest response to someone was “Its not like getting your drivers license, it takes some time.”

That is why I carry all 5 CFAI volume in my bag so I can whack them on the spot to answer their question.

And isn’t it rather odd when you get that question from people who have failed several times and have given up on the CFA?

I’ve failed two driver’s license tests in my life.

Hate that question. I’m trying to explain to my friends why I can’t do ST. Patty’s Day. I say it will kill the whole weekend. They ask, “Can’t you do it next weekend?” They can’t comprehend the need to study EVERY weekend for an extended time.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is why I carry all 5 CFAI volume in my bag so > I can whack them on the spot to answer their > question. you must be building some big shoulder muscles in that case!!!

hence why they will be underacheivers and be getting the tax cut(if they’re in the US). Us “overachievers” are considered the evil productive rich who must share our wealth. Getting off-topic, but always believe in most cases poorness is a sickness. You can always move up in life by studying for a certification, getting a higher degree etc. It’s just people rather be lazy and blame others then put in the effort.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That is why I carry all 5 CFAI volume in my bag > so > > I can whack them on the spot to answer their > > question. > > you must be building some big shoulder muscles in > that case!!! During CFA season, that’s is the only method I have trying to stay in shape.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is why I carry all 5 CFAI volume in my bag so > I can whack them on the spot to answer their > question. do not underestimate ethics ws;-)

is anyone from nyc?

I love coming across people who haven’t bested level 1 yet and they are starting to loosely study now.

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That is why I carry all 5 CFAI volume in my bag > so > > I can whack them on the spot to answer their > > question. > > do not underestimate ethics ws;-) LOL!! I will tell them the books are for my bar exam. That way, it is un-related to my profession. As long as it doesn’t reflect poorly on the investment profession, I think I should be fine.

5 volumes? I guess you don’t want to hear there are 6

I usually tell someone that it’s like a self-taught course that requires 250-300 hours of work, which means I have to do about 20 hours a week for the rest of the way if I want to study as much as the average testtaker, and that only about 40% pass, and that if I don’t pass I’ll be wasting another 250 hours next year.

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5 volumes? I guess you don’t want to hear there > are 6 Yeah, I know…I carry the code of ethic with me, instead of volume 1.

gotcha…I am almost into the last book…this sucks!!

Leave aside the others but when your spouse disturb you when you are studying on the weekends-and asks you that q even when you have done it for past 2 years it becomes very annoying and disturbing. I get up early on Saturday just to get undisturbed morning to study that really sucks…