It's results day

Today is results day for the November L1 Exam, So I thought I’d share a few things:

If you passed, congratulations. Go celebrate, run screaming around your office, and post it on social media.

If you didn’t make it THIS TIME, take a deep breath. I know it’s frustrating, but you’re in good company (and LOTS of good company). I’ve worked with a lot of candidates who didn’t make it the first time around. Some were students of mine, and others were folks I tutored. And they were almost to a one frustrated, pissed off, and depressed for a bit.

But it’s one exam - it’s not your life. Go hug your significant other and/or your kids. Play with your pets. Have a hard workout. Have a few beers. Catch a show. Appreciate the REAL things in life.

And then, after a few days, look at how you actually did on a topic by topic basis. Were you “close”, or way off the mark. And assess you you actually approached your studies. Did you put it well over 250 hours? Did you track your time? Did you answer a lot of questions and solve a lot of problems, or just keep rereading things?

And finally (and most important) ask yourself if you really want this thing, and why. If you do and are willing to pay the price, you’ll crush it next time. There’s a lot of good advice out there to help you through it but the key thing (as the teacher in Stand and Deliver said - sue me - I’m an old guy) is “Ganas” (Desire).

2 Likes
  • November 2021 CFA Level I exam pass rate: 27%

27%? Yikes.