It's time...Release the Kraken

Fine, I’ll orchestrate a hostile takeover of AF.

Your idea makes sense in threads where every comment is independent of one another. As soon as you get a thread going in every direction (not uncommon around these parts…even good threads) or people not using the quote function, someone entering such a thread for the first time 45 comments into it will be lost. Unless there is a parallel status quo format that gives members the choice.

Wewease de kwaken!

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZYNYAw_rXI]

Hopefully this post helped eliminate the trolls

Hopefully this post helped eliminate the trolls

Is there some way we can reduce the number of senseless life/career advice requests by new members in WC? We often see this high level of activity from some newbie who wants to break into finance and then excessive attempts to gain credibility with respected forum members. They generate a bunch of threads where nobody replies and start new ones asking the same stupid questions.

A proposed solution would be a required number of posts before being given the ability to start a thread.

I was for banning certain individuals much earlier on. And I am also for being more aggressive with the delete button to clear the garbage and excessive trolling.

Imagine the quality of those posts. Better be able to hide or at least dislike the thread.

It obviously hasn’t…

I think the trolls are more interesting than most of the regular posters.

@Palantir,hows that ?

Not so sure…

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91338619

To be fair, the trolls are the natural prey in our ecosystem. We can’t exactly go without them, since their stupidity fuels the best flame wars on AF where the real posters shine. Is this just a cross we have to bear to keep AF as it is?

I can only recall posting a few times in the last 12 months-

This place used to be like hanging w/ your boys, now its just a bunch of nags. While Blake may have been a world class narsacist D-Bag, he was a pretty smart guy and contributed (to the quantum physics of little league, anyways). I’d take him back. I think when I saw that thread about an Indian dude that’s 50 and has a sick pack I was done.

Who still posts here?

Ramos

Who was Ramos’ boi? I think they’re both in Boston

Sweep

CFAvsMBA

I see BS is back (natural/organic temporary ban there)

Brainwash

Numi

ChikkenTikka/Righteous H

BChand and Ohai obv still here

We need that Allidan guy back too

lol

…and farley013, akanska, mo34, BigWilly, TheAliman etc

^ Mo34 was probably the most underappreciated poster in AF history.

I could take or leave your HoF idea, but “Most Underappreciated Poster” has to be category. Three immediately sprang to mind.

^ Stop leaving us hanging and give us your list.

mo34 gave good post, indeed.