Jalmy: read this

----------------------------------------- Posted by: jalmy8 Date: September 25, 2008 03:08PM Well - when Daj tells me to put a little more “sense” into posts…well…obviously he fails to heed his own advice. Who in there right mind posts how having a graduate degree “limits opportunities”? Is th–is some sort of ego boost? I just don’t get it. ------------------------------------------- now, read this article from TODAYS ABC news… http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5868400&page=1 "“As a market overall, undergraduates are still in demand,” said Megan Holker, director of Babson’s center for career development. “We fare better than the MBAs because we are cheaper labor.”

lol… let it begin

keep it clean fellas

I’m with Jalmy here.

I’ll bring the popcorn. Someone hand me a beer.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > keep it clean fellas No way…I want this argument to spill over into the real world and end up on thesmokinggun.com and cnn.com

jalmy is a solid dude and while daj started up on the L2 forum ALL WRONG posting about 4,000x while everyone was stressed about results, he’s strangely growing on me. i still have yet to see a single post from him that is going to help me pass my CFA exam (unlike jalmy who was quite helpful and will be again as we tackle L2 again sadly this next year), so advantage jalmy8 right now. and black swan is my homeboy so double advantage J-doggy. i’m ready for an all-out throwdown though.

no your mom…

Daj, If you reread my posts my main argument - or complaint rather - was about why you were posting this stuff to begin with. Anyway, kudos for actually posting the results of your discovery today. I’m not going to lie, you do grow on me. You are certainly passionate about the industry but I think you may come across as someone who is more into the “glamor” of the biz which, for the most part, doesn’t really exist beyond the pages of Liar’s Poker. But what do I know, I’m young and niave, and at the end of the day we are arguing in a silly forum. I do think I’m ready for an all-out throwdown - but Bobby flay style. You bring the Natties, I’ll serve you some brew that will turn you into an alcoholic. Why not settle our differences over a few…or slightly more than a few…brews? I’m sure a few other local NYC peeps would be down. And for the observers, sorry for the letdown. Might as well throw the popcorn away :slight_smile:

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daj, > > If you reread my posts my main argument - or > complaint rather - was about why you were posting > this stuff to begin with. Anyway, kudos for > actually posting the results of your discovery > today. I’m not going to lie, you do grow on me. : ) - I honestly am not in it for the money. I am trying to “tone down” the number of posts and keep it more “normal”…but as I said, Im a joker by nature… > You are certainly passionate about the industry > but I think you may come across as someone who is > more into the “glamor” of the biz which, for the > most part, doesn’t really exist beyond the pages > of Liar’s Poker. I read liars poker in 03 and while it is a good book, the master of universe motif is not what drives me to the business. it is the level of competition and ever changing global dynamic that embeds every newswire headline we read…what other business besides wal st moves this fast - none. Where else do smart people lose 1.35B in a day (TPG, errrrr, ouch)…etc But what do I know, I’m young > and niave, and at the end of the day we are > arguing in a silly forum. I do think I’m ready > for an all-out throwdown - but Bobby flay style. > You bring the Natties, I’ll serve you some brew > that will turn you into an alcoholic. i did undergrad in boston, so i learned how to drink early on. in my barrio we play beer pong with grey goose!! bring it on, roy rogers Why not > settle our differences over a few…or slightly > more than a few…brews? I’m sure a few other > local NYC peeps would be down. > And for the observers, sorry for the letdown. > Might as well throw the popcorn away :slight_smile: what a letdown. Ill let you know when I am in NYC next…could be in october.

It is because of the bad job market why MBAs are getting less job offers /hard time to get jobs in I-bank etc but let me assure you once market gets normal, you will see the demand for MBAs (from good school) will increase. Daj, you are 29 years old so please behave like one. I think even 16 yr old would not fall in argument like this.