January Effect - "New Year, New Me"

Just got home from the gym. Holy moly it was PACKED. So many new faces, it’s unbelievable. And some of these newbies are going hard. It looks like they would be trying to shed pounds of fat in one workout. Can’t wait until mid-feb when the New Years resolutions are forgotten.

I wonder how failed New Years resolutions impact your self-image. It can’t be good if you keep making promises to yourself that you end up giving up few weeks after.
Once a quitter, always a quitter.

1 Like

My gym was crowded after New Year, diminishing periodically. And again crowded after MLK holiday, started wearing out too.

1 Like

My employer has a supply closet that was turned into a gym with donated equipment. Not fancy, but it works (and hardly anyone uses it).

I started doing push-ups and some other calisthenics while I get ready for work. How long that will last remains to be seen…

1 Like

I love this time of year – gym might be packed but:

1. I feel HUGE – comparing myself to gym bros vs. the average normie makes me feel like I’m in amazing shape.

2. Always good to see others improve their health and I might make a new friend.

2 Likes

Same here. But at my gym there’s this gorgeous new chick who’s definitely not a new year’s resolutioner. What a body! Picture what a perfect ten looks like and add two. That’s her. Anyways, I’m in a little bit of a pickle. She always works out with this dude but I’m 90% sure it’s her brother. I’m in the process of spying and investigating, will report back later on the results. Tanks.

1 Like

just ask them. hey are you guys together? if they say no. say something just thought you were cute and i wanted to say hello. how are you. a genuine approach has a pretty high success rate.