Jeff D is stepping down

You heard it here first. (or not if it’s already out on the forum; I couldn’t find a post about it…)

I heard him in a podcast interview…the guy is knowledgeable, articulate, super intense. A notch down for CFAI, at least in the short term (let’s see how his replacement is).

JDV - getting your resume polished up?

I hear that if your work experience was approved between March/05-March/06, you’ll have to get it re-approved; apparently they found a flaw in the approval process as they were working on his succession plan.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JDV - getting your resume polished up? Why would JDV apply for CFAI chair or president or whatever when he had legal action against him?

So if you get accused of wrongdoing when you are innocent, you have a stain on your record?

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So if you get accused of wrongdoing when you are > innocent, you have a stain on your record? Joey explained his frustration on how grown men cannot have disagreements about intellectual property without the CFAI stepping in to investigate. I don’t know the outcome of everything, but he said it was very draining. Regardless if you are innocent or not, the notation is on your record.

Ah, crazy. Well…that experience is all the more reason he should assume that post!

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CAFicionado Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So if you get accused of wrongdoing when you > are > > innocent, you have a stain on your record? > > > Joey explained his frustration on how grown men > cannot have disagreements about intellectual > property without the CFAI stepping in to > investigate. I don’t know the outcome of > everything, but he said it was very draining. > > Regardless if you are innocent or not, the > notation is on your record. Who cares about the record? They dropped it; I dropped it. We’re friends now.

wait I missed the whole ordeal would someone be kind of enough to give me the quick run down of what happened to him?

JDV for CFAI president! +1

In that case JDV can’t help folks on AF. I prefer he continues to help the candidates (future ones that is, I hope to clear this time…)

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JDV for CFAI president! > > +1 Um, think of what the exam would be like then! You thought a 35% pass rate was rough…

Additionally, he might change the rules so that you will have to go to his fun house and get spanked if you fail. OK, I take my nomination back!

If I become CFA Prez, I promise that all of you will get your charters in the mail within a week…

-1 to me for turning this into the JDV for ceo thread! lol JDV, we should talk soon.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I become CFA Prez, I promise that all of you > will get your charters in the mail within a > week… you have to hand it to JDV - the man knows his voters!!!

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hear that if your work experience was approved > between March/05-March/06, you’ll have to get it > re-approved; apparently they found a flaw in the > approval process as they were working on his > succession plan. Where did you hear that? I think I’m in this window - got the physical charter in roughly Sept '05…