Job boards

Have anybody on the boad got a real job from job boards like efinancialcareers.com? I heard some people say a lot of posts are bogus. Is that true?

I’ve had lots of conatct for crappy BO jobs, so it is for real…just not sure how good it is for FO etc.

So you mean jobs from those boards are not good jobs anyway?

No…they have a wide range of jobs, and I don’t want to say that they don’t have any good jobs, it’s just that my resume has BO stuff gummed up on it and hence recruiters will contact w/ BO ops. I’m sure that there are alot of good FO ops on there…

Sorry for this dumb question. What is BO or FO?

backoffice frontoffice

What are best job boards for quants/risk managers? Thanks,

wilmott.com has job postings

albourne village

what is albourne village

Overview of the Village Albourne Village is a free and unique internet-based knowledge economy for the Alternative Investment and Private Equity community. The site has been designed as an ideal environment for evolving hedge-fund news, intellectual property, content and debates on current issues, as well as a valuable source of commercial contacts.

i read on wilmott.com about some certified quantative analyst credentials. What exactly is thsi? It seems like some hardcore math-based quantative course, even more so than CFA curriculum

AssetMgrWannabe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have anybody on the boad got a real job from job > boards like efinancialcareers.com? I heard some > people say a lot of posts are bogus. Is that true? I have absolutely no idea but I can say I got most of my jobs through contacts or by chance (someone needed to fill a vacancy quickly), and very few jobs by applying for a formal ad posted on some recruiter’s web board. These might work if you have a mainstream CV and are applying for some bread-and-butter position and have some work experience in the field. I found this link; maybe of some use to you? http://europa.eu.int/eures/main.jsp?lang=en&acro=links&myOrgTypeId=1&orgTypeId=0&langChanged=true