Job Cuts

I’m amazed when a company cuts 500 jobs and it makes national headlines. Often you find out that many of the jobs are part-time or seasonal workers. While the job cuts make headlines and make everyone more scared than they already were about losing their own jobs, you will never hear about the firms hiring and adding jobs. I’m assuming that fear sells newspapers, etc. but come on, do we need a headline for every layoff occurring in the country? I guess it’s not much different than hearing that the Dow dropped a 100 points, which sounds dramatic to the average person on the street especially when an announcer on TV makes it sound as if it was a 50% drop in the market.

example? I think most of the news making headlines are for real jobs. I mean other than the finance jobs which arent. real that is.

jc99_99 Wrote: I guess it’s not much > different than hearing that the Dow dropped a 100 > points, which sounds dramatic to the average > person on the street especially when an announcer > on TV makes it sound as if it was a 50% drop in > the market. The dow dropping ~only~ 100 points is considered good news right now.