job move to the competitors

For the similar job or exact position, how much more money will only for you to consider a job move to the competitor? Beside money, is there any hold you back not to move?

$30K base and a similiar bonus pay out. What’s holding me is that I’m only a 1-year veteran of my current firm and it would be unprofessional to just bail. Willy

Willy, is the bonus on the written offer or just communicate verbally? thanks

You only make $30k and you buy all those fancy clothes? How do you do it?

Its a joke virgin hooker.

are you guys on glue? I believe the question was how much MORE money would it take you to switch! No, the bonus specs have to be clearly communicated, in print format. W

Thanks Willy. 30K more for u. I know the number could be different from people. If u have mid 50s right now, of course, u look for more around 70K. However, if u are already in mid 80s, can u ask for something over 100K base for a similar position, that I doubt. I am going to interview for a position in competitor and what hold me back is that I don’t see a bright future career path on this job. For the retirees, it is a fantastic job and wait for retire. I am still thinking about whether to go for an interview or not.

i think there are a lot of other things that go into than just money, such as culture, upward mobility, firm resources, etc. but i’d say that all else equal, 25+% more on total comp for a lateral opportunity is a good thing to consider

numi, It seems you are a veteran on the board. I recently got a verbal offer from an i-bank, they are only willing to give me the base, and make it clear that target bonus is only communicated but it is not going to be in the offer letter. Is this normal? And the recruiter told me that the actual bonus could be more than the target, is that true? I worked in other industry before, the target bonus there is the maximum you can get not the minimum and it is written in the offer. Thank you very much for your help.

stupid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi, > > It seems you are a veteran on the board. I > recently got a verbal offer from an i-bank, they > are only willing to give me the base, and make it > clear that target bonus is only communicated but > it is not going to be in the offer letter. Is this > normal? And the recruiter told me that the actual > bonus could be more than the target, is that true? > I worked in other industry before, the target > bonus there is the maximum you can get not the > minimum and it is written in the offer. > > Thank you very much for your help. it depends on the firm. some places do give you a bonus range; others don’t. that’s sort of where you have to do your own diligence by asking around to get a sense of what the bonus range could look like. typically, i don’t know that the actual bonus could be greater than the target at least at the junior level, but that’s only on the sell-side. i’d assume that it’s much more of a possibility if you’re on the buy-side and if your fund happens to have a spectacular year.

I make WAY more than mid $50K base…lol…that’s what I was making when I was 25. Willy