Job needed

your pictures should go…pictures of your gf can stay :slight_smile:

lose some weight then post up the pictures.

how cool : http://www.theurbanshogun.com/2011/03/iron-mans-house-is-up-for-sale.html

Since I didn’t get to see your pictures and based on the other posts I think I now concur with your decision. Remove the pictures and post up some stock charts. I believe another section for your website should be dedicated to research ideas, market evaluation/reports, etc. Do a thought/investment idea of the day type thing. Show us what you think about this market and how you believe money can be made People want people who can make them money.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sundevl21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Agree to an extent, but not everyone is looking > to > > land a job at GS or top hedge fund. Also, not > > everyone has the ability, connections, money or > > risk appetite to go to a top 10 school and for > > them the CFA can ‘legitimize’ their lower-tier > > degree. > > It doesn’t matter if the “CFA can legitimize a > low-tier degree” because there are already a > boatload of people that have CFA candidate status > AND a good degree. > > How is legitimizing your low-tier degree with the > CFA going to help if the 5 guys next to you are > doing the same thing with their mid-top tier > degrees? So you’re implying just give up? The CFA won’t help? I probably should have said that not everyone’s shooting for NYC, and not every employer wants to shell out what an Ivy-educated, CFA holding finance grad is holding out for, which leaves plenty of potential to secure a job. What’s done is done, you can’t change where you got your degree from, but adding a standardized certification such as the CFA will probably do more the compounding your problem by getting an MBA from some other unknown school.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ I don’t agree with leaving any pictures up. > Unless you are a hot girl, or a good looking white > guy, a picture can only hurt you. Also, remove > your age. What about being a good looking Black guy? It worked for Obama. Concur in general.

Can you put the pictures back up for a day or so? I’m late to this thread and want to see what all the fuss is about, especially the hair?

bluesman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you put the pictures back up for a day or so? > > I’m late to this thread and want to see what all > the fuss is about, especially the hair? LOL I’m not the first bald guy you’ve ever seen right? Anyway, I appreciate all your comments.

I dont think anything is wrong with pictures, helps put a face behind the name, I don’t think you need to be Brad Pitt or Obama to be able to post pictures.

nguyenanhvu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bluesman Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can you put the pictures back up for a day or > so? > > > > I’m late to this thread and want to see what > all > > the fuss is about, especially the hair? > > > LOL I’m not the first bald guy you’ve ever seen > right? Anyway, I appreciate all your comments. OK, nevermind your hair, I still want to see your girlfriend though

I’m hoping this is not an insult. Can we go back to the main topic?

nguyenanhvu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m hoping this is not an insult. Can we go back > to the main topic? How dare you

insert - *arbitrary post about qqqbee*

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ I don’t agree with leaving any pictures up. > Unless you are a hot girl, or a good looking white > guy, a picture can only hurt you. Also, remove > your age. lol good looking white guy? why white?

I’m not trying to sound like a dick when I say this, so please don’t get offended. If, after applying for 500 jobs, you can’t even get an interview, you have larger problems than photos on your website. I’d consider getting professional help with your resume - for example, you don’t actually describe in any depth what skills you possess. All your resume does is give a very general list of tasks you’ve completed at different points in time. Also, if you’re not coming across well on paper, go spend time networking. An hour spent networking with someone in the industry will have much higher returns than an hour spent tweaking the presentation of vague information on your website. Good luck.

I was in similar situation as u r right now. I think u need to spend more time on ur resume and cover letter rather than on ur website. Employers dont go thru every resume they receive. They filter resume using keywords.

I dont have much to add to this thread, but Vietnamese chix are hot

vietnamese girls are sweet indeed

YoungBuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont have much to add to this thread, but > Vietnamese chix are hot What do I get for $10?

u get a chicken tikka