Job Offering

Hi Just wondering what people with experience of the industry think of the Job offering below, just wondering is it purely a number crunching exercise, or do you think it would provide genuine research experience. I am interested in the buy-side, investment management area, so with regards that what do you think… ‘Associate, Dividend research analyst’ Im 23 with a BSc Finance degree (3.5 GPA), and level 2 candidate Department Overview ***** Dividends provides independent discrete dividend forecasts on amounts and dates (ex, record and pay) up to four years on a global set of 6,000 stocks. Thanks to its unique approach, Markit Dividends has established itself as the independent benchmark in dividend forecasting. Role Summary The successful candidate will be working as part of a Dividend Research team whose members are responsible for research and performing financial analysis on company fundamentals to provide content, news and client support for our dividend products. The position will be based in London. Duties and Responsibilities Provision of research on dividends for UK, Irish and South African equities. Forecasting dividend payment schedules and their impact on the value of equity indices Performing analysis of equity fundamentals, financial statements and market announcements Publication of in-house news and alerts to clients Building relationships with investor relations departments at companies within coverage Responding to client queries and providing detailed bespoke research and analysis Monitoring news flow to assess the impact of market events on companies and their dividends Contributing information, analysis and commentary for press publications Business Competences Educational Experience A Finance related degree or equivalent. CFA, or progress towards the qualification, desirable but not essential Commercial Awareness Experience in analysing financial statement; Knowledge of corporate actions; Knowledge of equity derivatives is ideal; Familiarity with SQL is desirable. Personal Competences Personal Impact Flexibility and adaptability are key criteria required Strong analytical skills Ability to meet tight deadlines and produce quality work working on multiple projects Strong problem solving skills European Language an advantage Keen attention to detail Communication Effective communication skills Teamwork Good team player with a flexible attitude. A sense of willingness to do whatever needs to be done is key to the team operating effectively Good team player with a flexible attitude. A sense of willingness to do whatever needs to be done is key to the team operating effectively Comfortable in operating in a multicultural work environment Ability to work in small teams.

Seems a very narrow position to me. But may be a foot in the door?

did you really only eliminate the name markit in one place but not the other? i love this forum.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > did you really only eliminate the name markit in > one place but not the other? i love this forum. Hahaha nice. We should flood them with more qualified applicants.

I use Markit. They are not really a research company - they are more of a data provider like Bloomberg or Reuters.

^ yea i think of them like a data provider as well

Justin wrote: ‘did you really only eliminate the name markit in one place but not the other? i love this forum.’ Haha, I actually saw it after I posted it, but just didnt have the energy to edit it a second time!

ahahah I love it too. Markit is a good company, but they are essentially data provider. If you are fresh graduate definitely accept the offer and keep looking, in my opinion.