Job opportunities for level-1 cleared

+1

i need a job so badly…level 1 passed and level 2 candidate isnt looking as much of an attraction for the compaies now a days…dont know if its the crisis due to which i cant find anything or has it always been this way…

verse214 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Obviously the L1 will help somewhat. > > I love all the bitterness from those who passed L2 > who are still on this forum - I’m betting that all > of these bitter responses from L2 passers are the > individuals who thought their lives would be > changed after L2 but quickly learned that L2 > doesn’t mean much either! I am not bitter after passing level 2. I don’t even expect a ton to come from passing the third level, especially since the amount of chartered analysts is growing exponentially. This is more of a personal accomplishment for me. I am just trying to make sure other candidates understand that passing this does not make them Gods among men. You will soon learn that much of what is tested in the second level is not extremely relevant to your work (the coursework is relevant, the exam is not). Although I said that getting laid the night before does not guarantee a pass, that does not mean I oppose getting laid.

The prevailing time (one of economic uncertainty) is probably more suited to people with generalized education such as an MBA rather than the CFA which though extremely rigorous as we all know, goes deep into asset valuation and portfolio management - something very few organizations do (as compared to what an MBA caters to) and too many bright people vie for. But then the CFA has always been known as a hardcore financial program so no surprises there. The institute should consider granting some form of official acknowledgement/recognition to each level to encourage people to pursue the program to the limited extent of their professional requirement.